Hmm. How to use the revamped windos editor- help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hmm. How to use the revamped windos editor- help
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #0
Hi all, I've finally worked up a unique little idea for a scenario, and I'd like to know how to use the scenario editor, the retooled 3D version.

1)How do I add in new terrain? Will new terrian show up in the editor for me to utilize (I have luz's tropical beach graphics, amoungst a few others in mind)-and speaking of which, dose anyone know of some nice palm trees, and other jungle terrain I can utilize?

2)In the same vein, how do I load in custum monster graphics. How do i create new monsters at all, for that matter?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
I'd suggest downloading the regular editor. It comes with a manual that, despite what everyone says, is an excellent place to start. Read it bits at a time, and when you want to do something specific, look it up in the manual. It'll enlighten you on scripts and editing. You don't have to use the regular editor, just download it to get the manual.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Warrior
Member # 7614
Profile #2
Your scenario data file is the place to reference new creatures, floors, items, and terrains. It would be named somethingdata.txt, where 'something' is the name of the scenario (which you named when creating it).

Make sure to use unused numbers for the objects you put in the data file, or be sure of the consequences. Like Nioca said, reading the docs, especially those on Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page, is a great way to start. After that, play around with an existing scenario to see how it is constructed. Good luck, and keep asking questions.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #3
The Louvre hosts custom graphics for BoA. It also has a section that explains how to create them.

edit: for monster stats or terrrain/item definitions read the manual.

[ Friday, November 17, 2006 03:45: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #4
I've already created several custum PC graphics for BOA, and I assure you, should I get this scenario completed, the BOA community will have a nice assortment of new goodies. ;)

Though i still need to find some nice jungle terrain...

Anyway, my question is how to actually get this stuff in the game; putting the graphic files into the scenario folder (obviously) isnt going to actually get them into the editors placement options, let alone the scenario itself.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
quote:
From stealthdata.txt, A Small Rebellion:

// A Small Rebellion Custom Object Types

beginscendatascript;

// FLOOR TYPES
begindefinefloor 135;
import = 95;
fl_name = "Floor With a Crack";
fl_which_sheet = 500;
fl_which_icon = 3;

// TERRAIN TYPES
begindefineterrain 430;
import = 200;
te_name = "Locker";
te_which_sheet = 500;
te_which_icon = 0;
te_ed_which_sheet = 510;
te_ed_which_icon = 0;
There are two custom objects in this quote. The first is simply a renaming of floor 135. The second is a new terrain which uses sheet 500 (G500.bmp), first icon. Te_ed refers to the editor icon.

Do similar things with your scenariodata.txt file in order to add them to the scenario.

Edit - formatting for clarity, hopefully.

[ Friday, November 17, 2006 09:52: Message edited by: Spent Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #6
thank you! :D
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, it's worth reading the Cookbook and my articles, as well as BoA's docs, in order to get a handle on how basic tasks are done. The Cookbook in particular describes how to do simple things.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #8
quote:
Though i still need to find some nice jungle terrain...
Can't you adapt some of Joaquin Soto's trees or bushes to your needs? You'll find them in The Louvre. Ephesos had a 'cleaned up' png-version of some of them: Topic:Graphics request.

[ Friday, November 17, 2006 23:52: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version