Is this possible?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is this possible?
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #0
-X- wants to know if it is possible to change the graphics for the party to options that do not come in the menu, like vanhatai. If so, in what file or line is the data located?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Yes, it's possible to change PC graphics. The only way to do it is to modify the graphics files themselves, replacing a PC graphic you don't want to use with a new one. On a Mac, the file you want is "Blades of Avernum Graphics" in the Blades of Avernum Files folder. You'll have to ask someone else to help you if you're using Windows.

Note that SW will not host any scenario that requires the player to modify the default graphics files.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #2
On a Windows the PC graphics are in the data file, in the folder "Art Graphics". I'd add that the Louvre has some graphics that are meant to be used as PC's, so checking that out might save you some time.

And what exactly is Spiderweb's 'no modifying default graphics' rule? Why does Jeff choose to do this, and what is the exact restriction. LP has new PC graphics, but its hosted by Spidweb.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

Why does Jeff choose to do this, and what is the exact restriction. LP has new PC graphics, but its hosted by Spidweb.
You aren't required to use them. They're just suggested to enhance the experience.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
LP doesn't require you to modify default graphic files. It accomplishes its default-modifying via a cmg file on a Mac (which doesn't change anything among the default files), and it happens to mention that one can create the same effect via modifying default graphic files on Windows.

If you can manage to modify default graphics without touching the default graphic files, you're fine. Spidweb is just worried about people permanently damaging their games.

[ Saturday, October 28, 2006 13:11: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

You aren't required to use them. They're just suggested to enhance the experience.
Well there really is no way a designer can require altering the graphics, theres no way to check if the player actually changed them or not. So basically a designer can "suggest" that a player changes the graphcis, but can't "require" that they do so. Seems silly.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
By the way, the experience to which we're referring when we mention that there's a rule in play here is from BoE. There was a BoE scenario Corporeus (by the illustrious TM) that told the player in the readme that one should replace some of the default graphics within a BoE file in order to play the scenario. Also, TM put a MIDI in the download for background music. Spidweb refused to host it, partly because of changing the default files, and partly because of the MIDI.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #7
-X- thanks you very much, and proceeds to make his level 537 mage a lich for existing for an entire year without changing the party.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #8
You may be able to for the Mac. The sheets are 1650 to 1680. I beleive that if you number your .cmg file with same numbers it would override the defaults. Haven't tried it though.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
It does. That's what LP does.

--------------------