Nature lore

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Nature lore
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #0
Is avoiding monsters and recognising herbs a pre-prgrammed or user-programmed aspect of Nature Lore?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
Avoiding monsters is pre-programmed, finding herbs is (unless I'm extremely mistaken) user-programmed. Ultimately, Nature Lore should never come in handy enough for you to train in it, unless there's an abundance of wandering monsters- in which case the scenario is probably terrible.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
Although designers may program in rewards for those who use the skill points to train in nature lore. It's applicability is really up to the community.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #3
I can think of several uses of Nature Lore for scenarios.

1) Increased chance of finding alchemical ingredients.

2) A chance to find food.

3) A way to avoid wandering monsters.

4) Some dungeons should be hidden and only findable with nature lore. Dense overgrowth etc.

5) Some encounters should not be available unless you have nature lore. You are asked to track down a fugitive.-- Can function as a tracking skill.

6) Eventually allows pathfinder.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 5368
Profile #4
7) A higher chance to get certain trade items offsome enemies. Meat and furs off your bear and the like.

I have always had the opinion that hunting should be a valid, if slow, way to get food and gold.