Fist damage?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fist damage?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
I'm curious how damage for hand-to-hand combat is determined. Like, which stats are used? How is accuracy determined?
(And most importantly, how much damage?)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #1
It seems that fist damage is something like 1-3 + 1-3 * level, but I'm not sure (I just tested it and the max a level one with 1 str got was 6).

No idea on the rest.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
Wilfred, base “Punches” are determined by your strength, and the armour of the opponent. Standard values such as Pole or Melee do not affect punching. Only a very high level character (or a GOD character) will be able to use punching to good effect. But, for the rest of us, with a standard character, even a Kitchen Knife would be better for punching.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
Blademaster and anatomy will help greatly your fury-fisted character deal damage. Dexterity improves your chance to hit, as always.

I do not think that assassination applies to fists, but if it does, then all the more power to punches. Same goes for lethal blow.

I know that the punches had not a damage cap in A1-A3, but that is not a problem in BoA. I have never tried to build a punching character in A1, though I have experienced the possibilities of punching by using the character editor to make a God PC.

I believe accuracy starts at 40% and goes up in increments of 5%. Damage from strength progresses slowly, at no where near the rate of melee weapons which have large dice numbers for their bonus.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.