Scenario Icons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Scenario Icons
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
(Big surprise! I have another stupid question...)

553 is the icon of a Scen Icon pic I want to be the label of my scenario. I insert 553 into the field for "Set Label Icon", but the game refuses to recognize it. Can one customize scenario icons, or are we all relatively screwed in that regard?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #1
You couldn't customise the scenario icon in BoE.
I'd hoped you'd be able to in BoA, but unfourtunately it seems not. :(

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Warrior
Member # 1505
Profile #2
Actually, I believe you can. Just insert the icon into the PICT resources of the .cmg file. If that doesn't make any sense, sorry.

--------------------
-Newtfeet
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #3
It sounds like that is what TM did: inserted the icon into resource 553 of the .cmg file. I just tried it myself, using one of the prefab icons, and it didn't work -- though the Editor has been fairly spotty about recognizing other custom graphics (I've run into that phantom "out of memory" error a good deal), so who knows.

--------------------
Forgive them, for they are young and rich and white.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
Hmmm. That's peculiar. I was tinkering around with ResEdit and put in a few "custom" graphics into the scenario's .cmg file just to test if I understood how to do it correctly, and it worked out fine.

Did you make sure the scenario icon was 64x64? If it's of the wrong dimensions, BoA won't process it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #5
To control for problems with size and format, I copied one of the provided 64x64 scenario icons from the Scen Icon Graphics file into a resource in the .cmg file. When referenced in the Set Label Icon editor dialog by its resource number in the Scen Icon Graphics file, the icon appears without problem in the list of scenarios accessed from the Main Menu's "Enter Scenario" option. When referenced by the resource number I gave it in the .cmg file, it does not appear in the list of scenarios; in its place, the default icon (1944) appears. When you say that "it worked out fine" for you, do you mean in this specific application? (There are other uses for scen icons; they've worked fine for me in those.)

--------------------
Forgive them, for they are young and rich and white.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
Yes, you're correct, and I was mistaken.

I'm pretty new to this whole graphics-tinkering business, and I just realized that I had no trouble with custom scenario icons in dialogue situations, and haven' t yet tested it when trying to enter a scenario

My sincerest apologies!
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #7
Yes, you're correct, and I was mistaken.

I'm pretty new to this whole graphics-tinkering business, and I just realized that I had no trouble with custom scenario icons in dialogue situations, and haven' t yet tested it when trying to enter a scenario

My sincerest apologies!

EDIT: And I also apologize for the double-posting. This has been happening a lot to me lately when I only push the button once, and I have no idea why.

[ Monday, March 29, 2004 10:26: Message edited by: Icshi ]