How do I sell things?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How do I sell things?
Apprentice
Member # 15085
Profile #0
I can't figure out how to sell the extra items I accumulate. I've just registered Avernum 1, but have acquired lots of stuff during the demo phase.

When I go to the stores that are supposed to buy items, all I get when I talk to the store owner is his 'sell' window. I can't find any option for him to buy from me.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Not all merchants buy items. The items to be sold to merchants are in the character's inventory on the lower right side of the screen. Click on the coin symbol (some copper coins) in the lower left corner of the inventory item to sell at the designated price.

Some merchants also buy at different prices.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Or, put another way, there is no separate window for buying and selling. You can do both at the same time.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Some merchants also buy at different prices.
They do? I never noticed.

For the record, I do know that Barter skill lets you get more money for your stuff when you sell it. Which is good, because I tend to spend money as soon as I get it.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #4
The differences in prices are minimal, but gaining additional cash is possible if you know where to dump your load.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
It's about 10% more in A3 at Fort Emergence than New Cotra and I think also in A1 between Fort Dranlon and Almaria. It adds up for the more expensive items later in the game.