Tips for a A2 hard game.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Tips for a A2 hard game.
Apprentice
Member # 10304
Profile #0
Recently I've decided to replay A2, this time on hard difficulty. I found the game to be much harder and much more tactical, but maybe even a little too hard. I've finished A3 on hard without major problems, A4 too (almost, stopped playing after going into Spire fortress), but A2 seems much more difficult than these two.
What I'd like to know is, what are your tips for a hard A2 party? I prefer to play with a Slith pole fighter/tank, nephil melee/archer/rogue and two human dedicated spellcasters.

PS. I'm a longtime Spidweb games player (and a somewhat intelligent person as well), so tips like "Use haste and bless spells" etc are not necessary :D
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Okay, well it's not quite as general as Haste & blessings, but I've always found that Slow is really underrated. And Bind Foe is insane above level 1, so get that as quickly as possible.

Also, it helps to watch which traits you give your characters... some of them are really pretty useless. Or if you're finding that you just need more xp, you could try giving your characters some negative traits.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 10304
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Okay, well it's not quite as general as Haste & blessings, but I've always found that Slow is really underrated. And Bind Foe is insane above level 1, so get that as quickly as possible.

Also, it helps to watch which traits you give your characters... some of them are really pretty useless. Or if you're finding that you just need more xp, you could try giving your characters some negative traits.

Hm, you know, I've never used slow before A5. Nor did I use bind foe. I'll try that, thanks.

And about the traits, I usually give the elite warrior to my slith, and the wizard gets a natural mage and brittle bones, so that he gets more experience and can pump up intelligence and mage spells to get more spell points. I dinnae what to give to the Nephil and the priest, any advice?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
For priests, I typically like giving them Strong Will, so that when people start getting confused/charmed, there's someone who resists and can cure the rest.

For the nephil, I think Fast on Feet + Nimble Fingers can't be beat.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
I tend to use elite warrior for anyone that uses weapons and fast on feet to go first and get the occasional extra AP.

Playing on torment it comes to positioning your party so melee attacking monsters have to come to you while you weaken them with range attacks. Missle attackers have to be dealt with quickly by closing and reducing their effectiveness.

Anything that makes an attacker lose attacks is needed. Slow is really helpful, but use the wait command so you cast it last in a round. Otherwise they can use haste to negate its effectiveness. I could make a demon waste it's turn rebuffing.

Summon spells are sometimes helpful, but I didn't use them much until A4.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
I use four combination prists/mages. I also tend to give them the "Cursed at Birth" and "Completely Inept" character traits, so they level up fast (total 60% xp bonus).

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.