Avernum II Major Quest Order

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum II Major Quest Order
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #0
Okay, I know the major quests are:

Slay Garzahd

Find the Three Crystal Souls

Destroy Empire Portal.

But what's the order? Which is the first, which is the second, and which is the third? I want to do them all in order.

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #1
There is no forced order; they can all be done and everything will make sense in any order as far as I know. Probably the most usual order is to recover the crystal souls, destroy the portal, then kill Garzahd, as this ordering roughly goes from least to most difficult. The game also expects you to take this order to a very slight degree, the "You have completed a Major quest" screens include numbers as I recall. However, my brother just finished a game doing crystal souls, Garzahd, then the portal, without messing anything up.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #2
Right...it was the numbered screen display orders I was going for, basically. Probably should have specified that.

So, basically, Crystal Souls, then Portal, then Garzahd? Got it.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
I played through in a rather differant order...

I found a crystal soul almost by accident, took off on the kill Garzahd and did just that. With my new super-powered party finding the last two crytal souls and defeating their defenders was easy. Then I spent about a month mulling over the Portal quest then found out the riddles and turned it to scrap.

--------------------
First person to call me a mercenary gets necromatized.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by DanielJacksonMPC:

So, basically, Crystal Souls, then Portal, then Garzahd?
That's pretty much how I do it. My preferred order is get a crystal or two, do a bunch of minor quests to boost my XP, get the remaining crystal(s), take out the portal, and kill Garzahd.

Then again, as others have pointed out, the order doesn't matter in the slightest.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #5
Yeah, I know. It's more a case of my wanting to see "You've accomplished major quest #1" then "2" then "3" all in order more than anything else...which is really irrelevant.

Anyway, thanks again.

--------------------