Avernum 3 Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 3 Time
Apprentice
Member # 9922
Profile #0
New to Avernum 3, although I thoroughly enjoyed the previous installments in the series. I gather that there's something of a time limit this time around. Specifically, on certain days, towns are destroyed and things get generally more effed up. A pretty cool feature...but it worries me, as I like to see everything I possibly can and take my time, but don't want to miss stuff. Is there a breakdown somewhere of what happens on what days, what days to watch out for, etc? Hope there is and that someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
Don't worry, as long as you complete the plagues in a reasonable amount of time, you won't have to worry much.
There are actually some pretty interesting things though, if you take too long.

Also, around day 180...well...I shall say DEMONS.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Apprentice
Member # 9922
Profile #2
Thanks for the tips. Could you be a little more specific about a "reasonable" amount of time? I've always prided myself on taking an unreasonable amount of time to do stuff in RPG's. Sounds like that's going to bite me in the butt this time around. :) And in regard to your day 180 statement...are we talking game-ending event or just a big hassle event? Thanks!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
180 is a big event. You get 6 months of 35 days to finish which should be enough time for you to see everything.

Here are a few
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #4
Here is all the time based events that I know.

Plauges- Slimes and the roaches are the most important.
Slimes-Destroy Clochis and Kirzan if not compleated within probably 40 days.
Roaches-Destroy Shayder,Hecter if not compleated
Trogdlytes-Not really important but the destroy towns near them if not stopped. Though you need to destroy a barrier to let the war between the trogdlytes and giants continue, the trogdlytes don’t have the map. The giants do.
Giants-Destroy Appleton and other cities around the area. They have the Barrier map that you need to destroy for the war between the trogdlytes and giants continue
Goelms- not important to finish A3 but the have alot of goods that you can sell and they have some crystals that you will recieve as a reward and this leads you to the conclusion that the vantahni are responsible for the plagues of monsters.

Side quests
Orb of Thralni- When you reach day 110 or you defeat either the trogdlytes and giants or the roaches, the orb of tharlini will be stolen. When you get it back you can keep it to reach all the high areas in the game that you can’t reach without it.
Tower of Magi- around day 160 the tower of Magi is taken over by demons. If you don’t stop this the tower will be destroyed but Solberg and X will be in Fort Emergence.
Dealing with the dragons- If you have trouble with the aliean beasts the dragons can help. They will make a special weapon for you to deal with them. BUT I think you have to know who is reponsible for the plagues.

But if you want you can go into the character editor and set the day back to day two. It will still say tha you destroyed the plagues that you have already destroyed, but you will technically have more time to compleate the biggest event which is the Tower of Magi being taken over.

[ Wednesday, August 22, 2007 03:30: Message edited by: ginger8445 ]

--------------------
I an a related to a witch who was burned in the Salem Witch Trials. I study magic,witchcraft and other paranormal stuff. I love BOA and Avernum 3, Sims 2 and Nancy Drew!
Apprentice
Member # 9922
Profile #5
Now we're talking. Thanks guys...I've got a much better handle on this stuff now. 'Preciate it. :cool:
Warrior
Member # 6632
Profile #6
slightly more sploilering:

quote:
Originally written by ginger8445:

Tower of Magi- around day 160 the tower of Magi is taken over by demons. If you don’t stop this the tower will be destroyed but Solberg and X will be in Fort Emergence.

Also it's Game Over if you take too long to finish it. The only way to not do the quest is to win the game before the game over part. Or before day 160.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
I have a save in which all you have to do is click the rest button a few times to get the game over message.

I could email it to someone if they wanted to (I would just need the email).

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.