A3 Merchants & House Buying

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3 Merchants & House Buying
Apprentice
Member # 8889
Profile #0
Hey all, I'm new here. I just registered my copy of A3 today, and I'm a little confused about the above mentioned topic. How does one set up a merchant shop? I've read every bit of information I could find, and I've found nothing beyond the A3 introduction that says (and I'm paraphrasing here), "Save the world or be a merchant...buy a house..."

I've combed the main game menu, the A3 Manual, and the internet for info on this as well as how to purchase a house with absolutely no luck. Furthermore, I've not come across anyone in any town who's asked me if I want to do either of those things. Is this something a character can do only after he/she has reached a certain point in the game? Or have I missed something really obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
You can't set up a shop. Being a merchant means running merchandise, I believe. There is a house you can buy later in the game. You didn't mention how far along in the game you are.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 8889
Profile #2
quote:
You can't set up a shop. Being a merchant means running merchandise, I believe. There is a house you can buy later in the game.
Wow, okay. The A3 intro is rather misleading, then. Not that I'm terribly disappointed – the game is awesome just as is. Thanks for the info!
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #3
Just so you know, the house is incredibly expensive if you haven't been selling all sorts of stuff, and if you plan on buying it without cheating, you may need to budget yourself in a manner most extreme!

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #4
It's 8000 Gold and it's an ancient manor house in fact.

It's an entire town in itself with encounters and rats and even a resident ghost.

It's really fun, when you've got it.

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Trust me, you do not want to click this link
Apprentice
Member # 8889
Profile #5
quote:
Just so you know, the house is incredibly expensive
Thanks for the tip! I think I've maxed out with coins – despite selling a bunch of stuff, my total remains 15,000. I'm hoping I still have as much when the opportunity to buy comes around.
Apprentice
Member # 8889
Profile #6
quote:
It's an entire town in itself with encounters and rats and even a resident ghost.
That sounds utterly cool. At what point in the game does this house become available? I've just gotten past the registration barrier, so I'm guessing I'll have to wait a while.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #7
Theres no trigger, go to Lorali (Spelling!??!) and talk to people until you reach the jobs giver, talk to every guy with a "offical" looking icon in the window and you'll be offered the house for 8000 Gold.

Look in the buildings.

Vague enough anyone?

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Trust me, you do not want to click this link
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by foreverpoe:

quote:
That sounds utterly cool. At what point in the game does this house become available? I've just gotten past the registration barrier, so I'm guessing I'll have to wait a while.

Well, as soon as you get to Lorelei, you'll be able to buy it (the previous owner was crushed by a large rock). Look for the town that has guard towers all around it.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #9
When I buy the house, I fill the bedroom with lots of magical junk I don't have room to carry. One fun thing to do is get lots of potted plants and decorate the house with them. It really does look kind of nice...

One thing to be warned about though...one of the encounters is a basilisk in the pantry...be prepared...

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #10
Don't kill the maid(whatever she's called) you'll transform into birds, and thus, die.

--------------------
WWJD?
Apprentice
Member # 8889
Profile #11
quote:
Theres no trigger, go to Lorali (Spelling!??!) and talk to people until you reach the jobs giver
Awesome, thanks! I'm now a proud homeowner.
Apprentice
Member # 8889
Profile #12
quote:
One thing to be warned about though...one of the encounters is a basilisk in the pantry...be prepared...
That's interesting...I went and purchased the manor, and after going through the whole thing, I didn't come across any basilisk. Maybe I missed a spot.
Apprentice
Member # 8889
Profile #13
quote:
Don't kill the maid
Whoa, thanks for the warning – and she was really starting to irritate me too...
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #14
There is a certain amount of time that elapses between encounters.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
Also, it would be a good idea to remember that there is a limit to how many items can be in a town. When I last played A3 it took me a long time to figure out why some of my magic items were disappearing.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #16
Yes eposhes {typo no comments} but that is better than the exile thing of leave town everythings gone, and for other ppl, the mansion isn't expensive at all,even without cheating i can reach max coins and have to blow it all on junk like fake anama rings, mansion, and even buying things fron stores and dropping them...wish there wasnt coin cap like there isnt on A4 :cool:

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE

-SO i can pwn you-add me
or if your smart
-Save yourself and let them suffer
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #17
quote:
I didn't come accross any basilisk
How odd. Some of those encounters took me forvever to finally come accross, but eventually, I did. Perhaps there is more to the trigger flags than we think? Perhaps day/time is involved...

--------------------
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #18
Probably both, methinks.

Then again, I don't have the registered version of A3, and I usually finish E3 by about day 80 or 90, so I can't say how far it goes. My guess is that there are events all the way to the end of the time limit.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #19
A better answer to all your needs is PLAY RUNESCAPE, you can have a house, items dont go away unless your gone for a reasonable amount of time, you can talk to friends you cant talk to any other way, you can merchant get very very very rich {zezima has 34trill and could 6x that much any time he wants} and you can have cats......catspeak ammys.....fish.......petrocks {dunno how yet} and soooo much more, runescape can top any game anyday {especialy like wow and turf battles, those games suck and wow is totally unafordable}

--------------------

-SO i can pwn you-add me
or if your smart
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
Please quit spamming about Runescape, D Pliss.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #21
Except that WE DON"T LIKE RUNESCAPE!!!

RuneScape is so heavily advertised and heard of that anyone who would want to play it already has. Your bad post-etiquette is not making you at all credible.

This is why we need TM back.

[ Wednesday, June 06, 2007 15:46: Message edited by: Necro-Master ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #22
Fine, dont like runescape it wont be my fault that when you die you'll look at what its like, and wish you played....you ppl dotn have t like runescape but I find it better than every game, srry that you dont like it :rolleyes: :eek: :( :P

- you might not like runescape, but of course we all love family guy {seen every episode} :P

[ Wednesday, June 06, 2007 16:12: Message edited by: D Pliss ]

--------------------

-SO i can pwn you-add me
or if your smart
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #23
Nalyd has played Runescape. For a very long time, and as a member. He eventually realized that it sucked.

- Yes, Nalyd loves Family Guy. Though he rarely gets to see it.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #24
actually if you want to speed up the four encounters in the house, just move around the entrance hall, between the altar room, and the weapons room, it seems to be triggered randomly when you cross across that area.

--------------------
Morbo is pleased but sticky...