Yet another poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Yet another poll
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #25
X, for the same reasons.

-Nija, who personally thinks that A4 would have a hard time with an anvil spell simply because of the grahics engine.

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Trust me, you do not want to click this link
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #26
Even if A4 could support an anvil spell, I think X will never achieve his goal.

--------------------
WWJD?
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #27
I doubt that too. He could probably use some kind of teleport spell, but I don't think he realizes it.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #28
I'm not sure about that; I think X is aiming to be able to summon an anvil at an appropriate height, not just move one from elsewhere. Otherwise the spell would be of very limited utility; if the spell relied solely on redistribution of existing anvils, there would be the danger that halfway between the initial height and the monster's head, another wizard would whisk it away again. Very unsatisfactory, in order to avoid this you would need to set up some kind of timeshare agreement on the anvils, but then the spell would only be available part of the time. Nope, summoning is much better. Unfortunately the existing spells only summon living creatures, not anvils.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #29
I think the anvil spell uses an existing anvil since in the Exile series X was interested in locating the largest anvil. Most summoning spells mention bring existing creatures to your aid and not creating them.

Pages