Avernum 3 - HEEELP!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 3 - HEEELP!
Apprentice
Member # 7612
Profile #0
Hi!

I am in serious trouble in Avernum 3! I joined the Anama, but then I changed my mind, after I was so stupid to overwrite my previous save. And now, obviously, I have lost all of my mage spells, and I dont know how to get them back? I have been all around Avernum in the demo ( I do not have enough money right now to order it, but just WAIT AND SEE! :P ), and I have talked to the mages I can find, but there is no one who can offer my to learn mage spells at level one? Or have I just missed something?
I really need help, because I do not want to delete my character and create a new one beacause I have reached a high level, and there is still a little bit of time left, before I can order the game. I am familliar with, that when you register, you can edit your character and, give him/her different spells, but I do not like to "cheat", even though this cheat would be more legitimet. Help me?

Thank you

-Marie
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
If you join the anama and change your mind, there's a price to pay for the power they give. You might be able to find some low level trainers in Upper Exile, Fort Emergence, and the Tower of Magi. Otherwise, it looks like you're stuck with the editor.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
Places to buy mage spells in the demo:

Your best value option appears to be Sara in Shayder, her prices are pretty average.

Also, Arion in the Inn of Blades sells them, but they are expensive.

Erika also sells early mage spells, although her prices are exorbitant. She's in Upper Avernum. You can reach her if you found her rune in the slime pit.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #3
This is why the Anama are a terrible force and must be destroyed!

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
That's why you should also save the few spell books that you can find.

There is also that strange mage in Periges in southwest Valorium near the mines.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
The Anama must be destroyed because they punish you for betraying them?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Nah, just loot their treasury. After all they are a suspicious lot that spy on their members and ruined Kneece.

One of the things I like in Exile 3 was after looting the place, the fight to leave Shaydar. The Empire Dervish is a wimp.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Leine:

I joined the Anama, but then I changed my mind, after I was so stupid to overwrite my previous save. And now, obviously, I have lost all of my mage spells, and I dont know how to get them back?
The easiest way I've found is just to buy the spells from anyone still willing to sell them to you, but that might anger the Anama.

If you really want out, you should either loot their temple (which makes Shayder hostile to you), or just use the character editor to quit.

I personally don't bother considering joining the Anama at all, although you do get access to some nice high-level priest spells.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

There is also that strange mage in Periges in southwest Valorium near the mines.
The guy in Pergies is a priest, not a mage.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7625
Profile #9
The anama are evil, and deserve to have their temple looted. Annihilator mages FTW! :cool:

Almost all my parties are really high on mages, I like joining them, betraying them, then blasting them all to kingdom come with the exact thing they hate the most ;)

--------------------
The ways to win: attack, attack, and attack some more.