Have you ever finish Avernum?s games in the hardest difficult?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Have you ever finish Avernum?s games in the hardest difficult?
Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #0
I finish A1, A2 and A3... no problem
I restarted A1 in hard difficult... so tough that I can not imagine playing in very hard difficult...
Has someone ever finish Avernum´s games in the hardest difficult?
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
Yes. In fact, many people here have beaten them on the torment difficulty. Me being one of them.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
Looks like some people just aren't up to the challenge... :P

In all seriousness, I just play with normal difficulty. I usually just don't have the patience to play on the higher ones.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
I've played all the Exile and Avernum games through at the hardest difficulty (except A3 that is incomplete due to boredom). I did A4 as a singleton and hope to do the whole series as a singleton some day.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by *i:

In all seriousness, I just play with normal difficulty. I usually just don't have the patience to play on the higher ones.
Same. You see, the problem is that I only tried replaying on Torment after like twice through. Then, I'd just gotten bored (particularly with A3).

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You need to start at torment level so you don't need to replay at a harder level. It's a little harder starting out, but after a while you don't notice the difference.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
I've found the Avernum series to be easier on the harder difficulties than the Exile series is on the easiest difficulty, especially in the endgames, and throughout A1/E1. Weird, huh?

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #7
Not really Mystic. Most people think that Avernum is easier. Well, it definently is.

I was almost done playing A2 through on torment with a singleton, but I wiped my harddrive just befor getting the last Crystal Soul. So sad.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #8
The most challenging game in the Avernum Series to play on torment is BoA. We have TM to thank for that.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
I always play the games on normal difficulty, because I can't enjoy the role-playing aspect of a game if I am too conserned with game mechanics. Once I get deep enough into game mechanics to play on highest difficulty, the game turns into a bunch of numbers, and I already have other games that are intended to be just a bunch of numbers.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

Most people think that Avernum is easier. Well, it definently is.
So I noticed. Here's why I agree:

It took me about a year of playing E1 to even figure out what I was even supposed to be doing (thank goodness for the hint book), plus another couple of months to beat it on easy--and I had to cheat like you wouldn't believe to do it. Playing A1 on normal, I decimated the game in 2 or 3 week(end)s.

quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

The most challenging game in the Avernum Series to play on torment is BoA. We have TM to thank for that.
I'll take your word for it. I have a tough enough time on normal. (edit: I mean BoA.)

[ Monday, October 30, 2006 09:24: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #11
If you're the type of person to do every side-quest in the game, you need to play Torment to keep the later parts of the games interesting. The only trade-off is that you need to adjust your strategies at low levels.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I ever MUST put a digital timer on my doomsday device, I will buy one free from quantum mechanical anomalies. So many brands on the market keep perfectly good time while you're looking at them, but whenever you turn away for a couple minutes then turn back, you find that the countdown has progressed by only a few seconds.