Lock Picking in A1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Lock Picking in A1
Apprentice
Member # 7592
Profile #0
I just got the game. In the mission given by Captain Johnson where you have to go and kill the Nephil Leader in the Goblin Cave near F.Duvno, after you kill the leader how do you get into his treasure room? When I try picking the lock, it says that none of my characters has a lockpick. What is a lockpick and how do you get one? When I try bashing down the door, it says I have a 0% Sucess Probability. Why is that?

HELP!!

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Lockpicks are an inventory item. You'll recognize them when you see them, because they're actually named lockpicks. I think Jason (I'm just guessing on a name here, but for some reason it sounds right) in Fort Duvno sells some. He owns the "Farming Supplies" store. Buy a set from him and give it to the character with the highest level of tool use.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Also, it's possible to bash open most doors with 0% probability. Just repeatedly bash for the next 2 two years.

*Smiles as memory of self bashing down a door to Rentar-Ihrno's chamber in A2 comes to mind*

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Doors have different lock strengths. A weak door can be bashed down or picked easily. A stronger door might take several bashings (and deal some damage) or a more skilled lockpicker. The strongest doors can require extreme Tool Use or magic.

—Alorael, who used magic most of the time. It's easier on the skillpoints most of the time and you don't need to keep track of picks as well.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #4
I too found that magic was eaiser. My lockpicks always broke or misteriously disappeared.

Forget whatever the Anama tell you!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

I too found that magic was eaiser.
When you're right, you're right. In A1 (and I think A2, though I haven't played it in a while), the "Unlock Doors" spell at level 3 unlocks ALL doors, even impassable ones! :D

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

When you're right, you're right. In A1 (and I think A2, though I haven't played it in a while), the "Unlock Doors" spell at level 3 unlocks ALL doors, even impassable ones! :D
And hence we learn what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object: the force wins.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!