that third empire army outpost by blackcrag fortress

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: that third empire army outpost by blackcrag fortress
Apprentice
Member # 7531
Profile #0
is it even possible to get in there? i've found no resources at all on this topic and that's gotta be one of the only things i can't figure out in this game. that and the big room behind sulfras. cuz all that stuff shows up on the maps, but why would anyone bother making an area that's impossible to get to?
Warrior
Member # 7254
Profile Homepage #1
No access to that camp for you, I'm afraid. The outpost in question only serves as an infinite experience pool for the player. :-)
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by dr.b0mb:

...but why would anyone bother making an area that's impossible to get to?
To infuriate players, and to get them to play more in the hope of finding out how to get in. ;)

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Along with the room behind Sulfras there's also a room behind Erika in the center of her tower. No, there's no way into any of those places and nothing inside even if you can get there.

—Alorael, who wouldn't think too hard about the possible logic of those two statements.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #4
Doesnt stop people from trying though :P

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by dr.b0mb:

all that stuff shows up on the maps, but why would anyone bother making an area that's impossible to get to?
First of all, why not? I'd do the same thing if I wrote a game, and you'd be cursing me because of it. ;)

The unreachable areas in Erika's tower and Sulfras'lair are just distractions, I think.

I discovered that the empire outpost, however, has a more practical purpose: In A3, as in E3, you can have the soldiers there attack you for some quick experience and levels...provided you survive the encounter, of course. :D

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Doing so in A3 hurts your reputation, I believe. On the other hand, by that point in the game reputation doesn't mean much.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Doing so in A3 hurts your reputation, I believe.
I wouldn't know. Truth be told, I've never gotten that far in A3, as I only have the shareware version at the moment, and can only speculate.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #8
I played the shareware version of the game for a long time. A really long time. Most of that was wandering around killing random monsters. By the time I got the game, it was almost too late to save any areas that I hadn't already saved.

I decided at that point that I didn't like time limits.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

I played the shareware version of the game for a long time. A really long time. Most of that was wandering around killing random monsters. By the time I got the game, it was almost too late to save any areas that I hadn't already saved.

I decided at that point that I didn't like time limits.

The same thing is true for me, though mainly with E3 instead of A3. However, by the time I finally got the full version, I knew just about everything there is to know about the demo portion, and could easily defeat both the slimes & the cockroaches by about day 20 or 30. The same will be true for A3 when I finally decide to buy it.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
You can defeat the roaches and slimes in well under ten days. I'd be entirely unsurprised if some people don't even need five days. I, on the other hand, don't really like timers, so I shamelessly abuse the editor to alter the day.

—Alorael, who also shamelessly abuses the editor to see what Valorim looks like if a certain intrepid band of Unspecified Services go-getters spend a few years on an amazing fermented mushroom bender.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #11
I agree. I use to abuse the timer because I liked the challenge of trying to save the tower from being destroyed but after that I noticed I could just go into thecharcter editor turn off the TOM timer and that I could altwer my spell skill level and day so I would never have to go there