Quests in Avernum 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Quests in Avernum 2
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I'm getting really sick of this. I have a party of arounf level 19, and I can't seem to do any quest, for the simple reason that I'm too weak for all the quests thst I got. I just came back from the Vahnatai lands. What quests do you recommend doing? Or at any rate, what places do you recommend going too, where I can kill monsters to level up and do the quests which I can now not do?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #1
This may sound corny but go into the charcter editor and raise all you stats for your whole party so u never have to train and now you may be able to do any quest you want.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #2
If I remember rightly; having just return from the Vahnatai lands, you won't have done many of the dungeons in the eastern galley, such as the Nephar fort, hidden sliths, and so on. I think those might be a good place to go next.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Yeah, do the stuff around Mertis and the Honeycomb, the Eastern Province, and the far northwest (the Formello region). You should also be able to do a little more in vahnatai lands.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
If it helps at all, the order of exploration is a very close match to the order of exploration in A1. Start in the cave that becomes the Eastern Gallery in A4 (that's the Silvar-Fort Avernum-Duvno-Cotra area), do whatever you missed near Formello and Fort Dranlon, head south to Mertis and the Tower of Magi, then tackle the Great Cave.

—Alorael, who would like to remind indefinite individuals that suggesting cheating in response to question that requests information is spam. Not egregious spam, maybe, but it's spam, and once was quite enough.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
The easiest ones to do are in the east part of the Eastern Gallery that you get in Silvar.

If you take your time and do it in sections then you can do the slith cult near the Tower of Magi.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
Okay, thanks for all the advice.

Right now I'm trying to tacle the last defenses to reach the last lever in delrin Bok's tomb. i think I'll leave that for now, and come back later.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #7
Delrin-Bok is really a bit of a pain. If you are up to that you could certainly clear out most of the Eastern Gallery and the dungeons around the Tower of Magi like the Serpent Cult.

If you have a red pass you could also go off to Harston and if you can get hold of a blue one (for instance in the Secret Empire Fort south of Cotra), vist Aimee on the Northern Waters and learn Dispel Barriers.

[ Friday, June 30, 2006 03:39: Message edited by: Catweasle ]

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
I don't worry about fulfilling quests for this part of the game. Instead, I concentrate on exploring, and many of the quests just end up getting done along way.

I usually have lots of loot after the vahnatai lands, so I tend to explore outdoor areas from the Tower of Magi to Formello as soon as possible. Then I go back and explore all the dungeons and towns in those areas.

Dikiyoba does the Giant Fortress relatively soon as well, but Dikiyoba doesn't remember what level Dikiyoba's party is at when Dikiyoba does it.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
Thanks very much to you all, my party already started leveling up!

yeah, i tried the giants, but founbd myself being killed all the time, so i gave up. now I just finished the secret sliths, after interuping delrin Bok. I'll finish him off later, adn then I'll also continue with gaddika, which I also started, wiped out half of the fort, but wasn't strong enough to kill gaddika himself.

So there. Thanks again.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!