Benefits of joining then leaving Anama in A3?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Benefits of joining then leaving Anama in A3?
Shock Trooper
Member # 2599
Profile #0
In Avernum 3, are there any residual benefits from joining then leaving Anama, or are all of of the knowledge and attributes gained stripped when you leave?

If any benefits remain, could someone explain what they are? Thank you very much!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
There isn't much benefit to joining them in the first place. You get some cheaper spells and such (which you get to keep even if you leave), but you can learn them elsewhere anyway, so there's no real point.

Nothing gets taken away from you when you leave except your rings, though.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
The only point of joining the Anama is to try out the 'challenge' of completing the game without use of mage spells.

Joining then leaving again is just pointless.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
In Exile the mage spell levels get added to priest levels plus the additional Anama levels. In Avernum you only get the Anama levels and lose the mage levels.

It is a challenge in both games to use potions and other items to mimic mage spells.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #4
If you want to join the Anama, I'd recommend you do it from the onset (this means heading to Bigail immediately, avoiding the roaches). It's quite a waste if you have a full mage become useless.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
Rather than having only one secret escape pod, which the hero can easily spot and follow, I'll simultaneously launch a few dozen decoys to throw him off track.
Warrior
Member # 6632
Profile #5
There are two 'anama only' shops that each sell 8 knowledge brews (a 1200). If you for some reason can afford it before you leave again.

Joining and leaving might not be worth it. My singleton stayed there happily though.
BANNED
Member # 5663
Profile #6
In Exile, joining and leaving was a great idea because of the free priest spell levels. There is really no reason to do it in Avernum though, I wouldn't suggest joining at all unless you already have no mages in your party. A group of warrior priests would see huge benefit joining from free spell levels and cheap spells and items.

--------------------
I'm drunk as think as you not am I.