Av 3, Reset Troglo mission help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Av 3, Reset Troglo mission help
Apprentice
Member # 3672
Profile #0
After meeting with the king he gave me the mission to kill the special Khazi. So just for fun I decided to tell the king that I tricked him and that I was there to kill him. Several hours of gameplay later I realized that, hey that wasn't such a good call. I don't want to restart because my pcs are so strong and built up but I want to get that on my stuff done flag. How would i go about doing this?

note: reset towns did not work.

--------------------
I am Jack's wasted life...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Repairing complicated problems involving stuff done flags is not possible because nobody knows which SDFs do what. Sorry!

—Alorael, who can only say that dealing with Elhioc for Vothkaro is in no way necessary to the completion of the game.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3672
Profile #2
Anything I can do other than set stuff done flags?

Which brings me to the question of "why is that even an option?"

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Set Stuff Done Flag is mostly a debugging option for Jeff Vogel and maybe for betatesters.

Nothing much you can do at this point besides give up that quest as a bad job. You can still finish the game, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3672
Profile #4
Yeah I kinda figured that, oh well. Thanks guys for the feedback.

Guess I'll have to kill them all the old fashioned way.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
A debugging option isn't much good when even the programmer apparently doesn't know which SDFs are which. Maybe it was useful in early alpha.

Maybe Jeff wrote the SDFs down like a sensible person and then shredded the documents for security.

—Alorael, who is willing to give several very large and serious cookies to anyoen who figures out SDFs. Just think of all the fun time you could waste fruitlessly!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
At least you can figure out the SDF in Blades of Avernum if you really wanted too...

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #7
The only thing you lose by not completing the mission correctly is the ability to get Dispel Barrier from the mayor of Sharamik. And that can be corrected via the character editor.

Note, though, that if you complete the troglo king's mission, you CAN actually go back and THEN kill him anyway. That's what I did, since the mayor of...Amrino, I think, gave me a quest to kill him.

[ Saturday, January 21, 2006 14:24: Message edited by: DanielJacksonMPC ]

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #8
Daniel speaks the truth, just leave town and use the editor to give dispel barrier. Then tell urself that u beat the quest(it works out to the same thing), and come back after the giants are dead to kill vothkaro for spiting you!!!!!

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?