What is Scribbane?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What is Scribbane?
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
Yes, I am a noob to Avernum. Just getting it out of the way. What is skribbane, and how does it affect yur game?

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #1
This was asked by many newbies, Skribbane is a Avernum drug which happens to be important for some people in this forum, as for the citizens of the A3 cities Gale, Shayder and Lorelei.

You can get a mission in Shayder to transport it, the guards near Lorelei (where you shall give it to some thief) attack you, cause you got it, then the thiefs of Lorelei transport it to Gale where it is going to be sold to you and guys behind the church. :rolleyes: ;)

I don´t know the exact effecct in A3, but in E3 it gave you HP and MP above the maximum of 250/150. After a time you got addicting problems which drained your HP/MP permanently. If you want to know how it works in A3, read the post of another member.

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
It's a drug. It gives your party health and energy over your normal maximum, but if you use it you get hooked and if you don't keep using it for diminishing benefits you'll go into withdrawal, take damage, and experience similar bad things.

I consider skribbane moderately useful for the endgame and a bad idea for any other time.

—Alorael, who also thinks skribbane is delicious, nutritious, and all his. Prrrrecioussss.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6630
Profile #3
quote:
"I consider skribbane moderately useful for the endgame and a bad idea for any other time."

skribbane is not as bad as some people would like it to sound. Its a very effective and nice herb

I believe that as soon as you can obtain skribbane, you should take it since it is very good and gives blessing. and when you have become a good skribbane addict you can enter the city of skribbane addicts near some mountains in the eastern part. if you arent skribbane addict there will come a bad dialogue saying something about mad men talking gibberish and drooling attacks you.

--------------------
the next text is taken completly out of context since this was said after taken alot of skribbane
"Immmm ssooo Haaapppyy La-la-la-di-da. whats the sweet smell in the air is it love? no just plain ol' Skribbane <333
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #4
Better don not listen to him/her, skirbbane can be really dangerous!!!

--------------------

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
Hey, look at it like this: Would you like to take tons of heroïne every day too? No? Why take it in the game then!

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #6
Because it would be a game and wouldn't ruin my life.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #7
It would ruin you game life through being weaker than normal. :P

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by got any skribbane? Plzz dude:

skribbane is not as bad as some people would like it to sound. Its a very effective and nice herb

I believe that as soon as you can obtain skribbane, you should take it since it is very good and gives blessing. and when you have become a good skribbane addict you can enter the city of skribbane addicts near some mountains in the eastern part. if you arent skribbane addict there will come a bad dialogue saying something about mad men talking gibberish and drooling attacks you.

I'm starting to wonder if this is some older member in disguise... or just someone with nothing useful to say.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
got any skribbane? Plzz dude has posted exactly two posts so far, both about how wonderful skribbane is. Given that and the fact that the name and sig both relate to skribbane, I think got any skribbane? Plzz dude has a serious obsession with skribbane. I think one can safely say that skribbane messes up your real life, too.

Dikiyoba says skribbane messes up your real life too.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Monday, January 02, 2006 15:03: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
alorael has a Skribane option, no? maybe its Alorael, disguised as a mafia dealer with plans to take over the world with a lesser quality of Skribane?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6630
Profile #11
there is a reason why i write about how wonderfull skribbane is and that reason is mainly that it is as written above a wonder herb. Which really makes you 50% more effecktive in killing damn monster

and could ye people please stop calling it a "drug" it makes it sound very bad which it isnt. It is a simple herb the improves you in every possible way

and dikiyoba you forget to mention that my signature below also concern's this wonder HERB

--------------------
the next text is taken completly out of context since this was said after taken alot of skribbane
"Immmm ssooo Haaapppyy La-la-la-di-da. whats the sweet smell in the air is it love? no just plain ol' Skribbane <333
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #12
It seems like this guy took either not enough skribbane too feel what it does afterwards, or he took too much which killed all his pain reactions (or he never took any skribbane :P )! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
I wrote:

quote:
...the fact that the name and sig both relate to skribbane...
Dikiyoba did not forget to mention your sig, got any skribbane? Plzz dude.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #14
this question should be added to the "FAQ" on te forums, if not already there.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #15
The FAQ is only about the forums on these boards! :P

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6630
Profile #16
I would just like to point out to all new players that this Herb. does not ruin your game or lfie in any way.

When taking scribbane you become filled with tremendous power!
You could basicly at lvl 1 take some scribbane and go straight 2 rentar!

I feel i have answered all stupid questions in here, and i dont think anyone has any objections to the fact that scribbane is good anymore,(or at least done have any objections that is true)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #17
Scribbane herb is like grass. Use it wisely, and after at least 10 days between each use, and not too much altogether (maybe twice each game), and it'll be ok. Use too much and you shall become an addict.

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #18
You know, this thread can just die. We don't need to keep reviving it.

That said, I hate scribbane. It gets into the hands of untrained users too easily, which takes it away from the people who really need it (i.e.: Alorael).

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
Five months for a worthless revival?

Just say no!

—Alorael, who does. And his word is final. Quite literally. Word.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00