Av2: Suicidal Mage

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Av2: Suicidal Mage
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #0
I have found where Sixus is hiding, but the problem is...once I get to him, he commits suicide. Is there any way to prevent this, or did I mess up royally somewhere?

Oh, there are also some questions on the side:
1. Where may I acquire an onyx scepter?
2a Which are stronger: Vampires or Liches?
2b Which are stronger: Drakes or Ice-Drake?
3. Where can I find the stolen Crystal Souls?

[ Sunday, December 04, 2005 16:14: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest. ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
You kind of messed up. You really need to come in the back way, avoiding the main entrance to the Mages' Quarters. Secret passages, Move Mountains, and a puzzle are involved. Honestly, for a detailed walkthrough, I suggest you go HERE, or buy the A2 hintbook.

As for the other questions...

1. You need to go see Sulfras for the scepter. That's all I'm saying.

2a. Lichs, no contest.

2b. Come on, you can find something better than a drake/ice drake for a Soul Crystal, can't you?

3. That's a good third of the endgame, so it'd be wrong to spoil it. Go find them yourself. (Though I will say that the Olgai Council is a good place to start asking questions)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
It doesn't really matter that much if Sixus kills himself. He'll burn the documents he ran off with first, and you'll still get experience if you report back to the mayor in Almaria.

As for your other questions, the Onyx Scepter can be gotten in the Lair of Sulfras in the Empire lands to the west of Fort Remote. You'll need blue and red clearance to get there. I don't know about vampires and liches, I always just cast Repel Spirit on both. I think ice drakes are stonger, but i could be wrong. One of the Crystal Souls can be reached from the northwestern Vahnatai Lands. You can get information about it from the rebel Vahnatai fortress in the northeast tunnels of the Vahnatai lands. Go see the Vahnatai council after finding the proof, and they'll tell you what to do. Another Crystal Soul can be found in Angierach, which is also in the Empire-controlled lands to the west of Fort Remote. You'll need to talk to Renatr-Ihrno, the Vahnatai in Egli, to find out how to make Quickfire to get the Crystal Soul in Angierach. The third Crystal Soul is in Pyrog's Lair, which is northwest of the Giant Lands up in Northern Avernum. You'll need the Orb of Thralni and a Gray Pass to get there.

[ Sunday, December 04, 2005 16:45: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #3
So, there's no way to stop Sixus from killing himself now?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
That depends where you last saved. If you already went through the main entrance then saved, you're out of luck, but as I said before, you still get experience if he dies, so it's not that big of a deal.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #5
No, it's not a big deal.

Except, maybe, to Sixus.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #6
Yeah, I'd imagine his suicide would be a horrible inconvenience for him, but, ho hum...

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

2b. Come on, you can find something better than a drake/ice drake for a Soul Crystal, can't you?
Wizards and Evil High Priests.

Say...speaking of things stronger than Drakes, would an Eyebeast be worthy of replacing any of these;

1. Drake
2. Evil High Priest
3. Wizard
4. Ice Drake

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
Let's see... topics about Soul Crystals (I seem to remember there being more):
HERE (Foley's Body was a bit arrogant about it)
HERE
HERE

More on topic, Wizards and Evil High Priests?! Surely you can do better! Gazers beat Eyebeasts, Ur-Basilisks beat any drake, Demons beat Evil High Priests, Mung Demons beat Wizards. Elder Aranea pack a punch early in the game (spell-wise), and Vampires can summon more Vampires which can summon more Vampires...

And in A3, Dark Wyrms are beyond evil.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 2096
Profile #9
Truly, in A3 Dark Wyrms are totally evil. They're, IMO, the most formidable monster in the whole game (and they look good too).

--------------------
"The only use of fancy titles is to draw attention away from one's lack of power" - Erika the Archmage

"Well, that's what you adventurers do, isn't it? Break into creatures' homes, slay them, and take their stuff, isn't it? Damned impolite, if you ask me." - Provisioner, regarding quests (Bandit Hideout, Avernum 3)
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #10
The whole episode with the Dark Wyrms in A3 gave me nightmares. Whenever playing A3 now, that place still seriously freaks me out.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #11
Get one of the Wyrms into your Soul Crystal and use it against it´s own kind. That´s a lot o´ fun! :D :cool:

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:

Get one of the Wyrms into your Soul Crystal and use it against it´s own kind. That´s a lot o´ fun! :D :cool:
Actually, they're fairly resistant to one another, so they just end up enfeebling each other. That doesn't affect their breath, so then they still mow down your PCs.

And why did this topic get revived?

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #13
I wasn´t revieving it. :o

--------------------

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:

I wasn´t revieving it. :o
And that question had nothing to do with you either. He was talking about the time gap between Ephesos's post and Saurion's.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 2096
Profile #15
I revived it. So what? I just HAD to emphasize how evil Dark Wyrms truly are. :D

Besides, interesting topics don't abound in these boards, so we might as well recycle old ones.

--------------------
"The only use of fancy titles is to draw attention away from one's lack of power" - Erika the Archmage

"Well, that's what you adventurers do, isn't it? Break into creatures' homes, slay them, and take their stuff, isn't it? Damned impolite, if you ask me." - Provisioner, regarding quests (Bandit Hideout, Avernum 3)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Saurion:

Besides, interesting topics don't abound in these boards, so we might as well recycle old ones.
As much as I agree with this... this topic should be allowed a peaceful death. After all, it's not even about Sixus anymore.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #17
Can you really call posting to a topic without a months difference reviving it? That sounds a bit strange. :confused:

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
When the light goes out next to a topic (which takes about two or three days), it's in a coma. After about a week, it's dead, and the normal guidelines apply.

This topic revival is deemed: pretty useless. Let it die.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6485
Profile #19
I'm to lazy to read all this so I'll just answer your qustions

1 I believe you find it from athron I'm not 100% shure
2 liches
3 ice drakes
4 see a walk through I don't want to spoil it ;)

PS have you been to the Easter egg

--------------------
I love Spiderweb Software!!
Who doesn't?
My hints on making a new party.
USE CHARECTER EDITER!!
----------------------------------
10 million Cave giant chiefs +
1 million drake lords ageinst me =

easy
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
You know, you could at least have read the first and second replies in this topic, in which all his questions were answered.

Will somebody please lay this topic to rest now? Its continued existence pains my soul.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
I hear your request and I answer.

:cool:

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00