Hello

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hello
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #0
I just joined and thought I would say hi. I've been playing Spiderweb games for over 5 years now since I got a demo of Nethergate from a gaming magazine. Recently, I've gone back to the games to play them again, and I'm wondering what's with the building in the northwest corner of New Cotra in A3? How do you get in?

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
That's the Bunker. You can get in much, much later in the game, after you've found evidence of who's responsible for the plagues.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
Thanks. I never got that far in A3 because I didn't register until recently.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Welcome to Spiderweb, Tyranicus, and if nobody else has said this, remember to leave your sanity at the door.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #4
Hey, want a tip about the bunker?

Just look in Sharimik and/or Lorelei for a young pretty girl, just talk a bit and you should know more! :rolleyes:

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #5
hello, and oh man lets not bring up our sanities again...
Warrior
Member # 6485
Profile #6
Hello
quote:
That's the bunker
Sweet place you might find it a little sad though when you get the Wyrm Slayer 2 people die

--------------------
I love Spiderweb Software!!
Who doesn't?
My hints on making a new party.
USE CHARECTER EDITER!!
----------------------------------
10 million Cave giant chiefs +
1 million drake lords ageinst me =

easy
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #7
That is not just related to the Wyrmslayer, y'know. Once they actually finish making any of the three items you can ask them to, those Pathass and Enla (IIRC) die.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by IT 000:

Hello
quote:
That's the bunker
Sweet place you might find it a little sad though when you get the Wyrm Slayer 2 people die

Oh... you got the Wyrmslayer?

Okay.

(nervous cough)

Have fun with the ending?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #9
It is entirely possible to finish it without the "correct" item. Personally, I prefer it that way - more of those "We are so obviously a Sci-Fi influenced bunch of grey skinned wierdos" to kill.

It is even entirely possible to finish it without Erika's amulet too. That way, Avernum is in a better position (the more of 'em you kill now, the less you have to later...), especially if you kill two or three of their Crystal Souls to lower the number of powerful spellcasters the Vahnatai have.

[ Thursday, December 01, 2005 17:21: Message edited by: CPeters ]

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Well, spoilers, but they're already pouring in.

It's very possible to avoid the fight with the Crystal Souls without help from the Bunker. I did so after getting tired of waiting for them to finish making the Thought Crystal. It just requires haste and abuse of waiting.

—Alorael, who didn't finish the game without Erika's amulets. He's not sure whether or not it would be harder. Getting around some earlier fights is nice, but Erika's main contribution to the last battle is summoning hordes to get in the way and make reaching the control panel more difficult.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #11
Welcome to this mad forums Tyranicus! I suspect that you now could have a lot of doubts about A3, like all people does when they register.
It´s supossed that in that place a wizard give the anti-Erika amulet but i still don't know how it can be used...
Apprentice
Member # 6523
Profile #12
Remember, forums is plural so you have to pluralize "this", or singularize forum. And which anti-erika amulet? Meh... I always get the crystal, but to each his own. At any rate, welcome to the boards, Tyranus. Hope you don't leave like I did.

--------------------
^ ^ Izzannor lives again!
Say hello to my little friend!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #13
The "Anti-Erika Amulets" I believe are called the Cooling Amulets. They protect you from Erika's fire trap.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6523
Profile #14
Ah... I see. And how would one go about procuring one of these amulets?

--------------------
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #15
Implicate Erika as the one destroying the surface rather than the Dragons or the Vahnatai.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6523
Profile #16
Ah... Video. Thx much *i

--------------------