I wonder what would happen....

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I wonder what would happen....
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #0
What if you sleeping in Delis during the day its destroyed?

--------------------
Bandit: Hey Bob, why aren't we running after them?

Archer Bob: Cuz if dose n00bz run dey got no gud ****.

Bandit:oh

Bob: And that isn't a cave, its a dragon...
Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #1
You can`t sleep in Delis when it s destroyed...
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
If you're in a town, it won't change. As soon as you leave and return, however, it will be instantly ruined.

—Alorael, who just knows that those horrible monsters are afraid of big, tough adventurers. Even level 1 big, tough adventurers.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Dado:

very good point :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #4
That's so dumb. They say "things change over time" but it doesn't really measure up to more than E1 and E2 anyways. It just means "towns change a little bit and you can't stop it even when you destroy the monster plagues."

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Dado:

You can hold the W button down... and isn't there a inn in town...

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Some towns change more than a little bit, and yes, you can stop it. End a plague before a town in the area has been destroyed and it won't be destroyed.

—Alorael, who particularly likes seeing a ravaged Krizsan, although it's difficult to see it unless you try. Slimes are quite easy to eliminate.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #7
Has anyone determined how many stages of destruction a city or town undergoes in A3? I got the impression it was only two: the state you initially find it in—under some degree of attack by the local monsters, and a second ravaged/destroyed state if enough time passes. Are there any in-between stages anyone has noticed? Also, it appears only certain cities are set up to be attacked directly and others will not. What happens after 200 or 300 days? Surely not the whole of Valorim is laid waste.

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #8
The larger towns definitely go through multiple stages of deteoriation as the plagues progress. If you would like to see for yourself, periodically come back to Kriszan and do not defeat the slimes. Defeat the roaches so that you can move on to bigger monster quests. Section by section the town will crumble.

The smaller towns usually only change once, and the ones that eventually become overrun have an intermediate stage.

Major changes in the major towns usually give you a blank automap if I am not mistaken.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
I haven't seen many big towns, as I only have the demo of Avernum 3. I did see though, that Krizsan definetely had more than two stages. Also Shaydar had more then two. Well, I didn't see them both destroyed, but in Shayder eventually the mayor fled to Sharimik, so i can't tell her I defeated the roaches and collect my reward. grrrr.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #10
I beleive what you do in this scenario is support the gamewriters and buy the stupid game.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 4902
Profile #11
Yes, it's true, most cities have several states of "decay". As as mentions before, Kriszan has several - I remember the first time I played through I took about 30 days to even GET to the surface; by the time I had cleared the Agate Tower, the chick in the shrine in the NE corner of town was gone, and I think they got that Archer NPC that would otherwise join you (Hawk?), as well. More barriers and busted up buildings than when I first got there. And, of course, it all stopped after I finally found and offed the Slimes for good.

It would be kind of fun to buy a stack of food and Rest, coming back into town every few days to see what the slimes/cockroaches have done to it.

--------------------
Your training was extensive...
"This... is a tree!"
"...what's it for?"
...and confusing.
---Avernum 3 Intro
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #12
charedit the day doesnt work, does it? it doesnt with the tom event...

does every town get destroyed? blackcrag? the dragons lair? wainscotting? fort emergance?

do dialogues change with every new state of destruction?
i think in exile 3 it changed at least once or twice.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #13
I have no idea about charediting the day, but I do know that not all cities "decompose", just the main five (the central ones to each plague). And I've never noticed any change in diologue.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #14
I think dialog pivots more on whether or not plagues have been defeated.

The decay of Blackcrag and the Dragon Lair would be extremely unrealistic. Blackcrag is home to the Empire's most powerful troops, and the Dragon Lair is populated by DRAGONS.

So not all cities decay.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
It's not just the major cities either. They fall apart in multiple stages, but even if you never raise a finger to help them there will still be something left. Some little towns get wiped off the map.

—Alorael, who is quite sure that no Avernite towns change other than the ToM disaster, which is programmed differently, and Blackcrag doesn't change either.
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #16
Ne1 know if Krizan can fully die?

And were those barriers put there by mages or slimes? (Probably Mages, so the slimes had a wee bit more distraction)

[ Saturday, October 29, 2005 06:02: Message edited by: Foley's Body ]

--------------------