The Isle of Big-Ail

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Isle of Big-Ail
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #25
If there is something I really hate, than its people who like to shock people, like Djur did recently. I can really go nuts if I see something like Djur did. However, I played a bit of Mad ambition, and thought that what I saw was very interesting and made in a smart and good way. I'd like to see Canopy.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #26
Canopy is arguably TM's most complex scenario thus far, at least in terms of coding. It's definitely worth a look.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #27
I'm glad to see all this support for Terror's Martyr. I have seen him on here for some time. He may have some colorful moments, but he's helped so many people and contributed a lot to Spiderweb Software.
On a lighter note...I made A4. I asked if I was in there and they said yes. But cheeseball's not there, and they said I'm angry about something. That's all they told me. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #28
No denying it--a lot of people just plain love getting into a good verbal scrap. It is everywhere on Usenet and internet forums, no matter what the subject matter. I certainly enjoy a good debate myself. I don't enjoy acrimony, though I still sometimes get more heated than I want (like when playing through Canopy, heh).

I choose, however, to not tolerate disrespect for others. Clearly TM possesses a fierce intellect, and apparently he is a tireless contributor and generous in a variety of ways as well. I think it's a shame to see such talent marred by disrespect and antipathy turned against people here.

As much as I admire ability and creativity, I'm ultimately for the underdogs in life. I hate to see people with formidable abilities who are on top of their game turning their weapons with malice against other people. There is a conceit in that behavior which sickens me. It's also such a waste of energy that could be put to much more productive use. It is good for any of us in life to learn humility.

I haven't crossed paths with TM myself. I'll refrain from forming any further opinion of him in the meantime. Everyone deserves a fair shake.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #29
Maybe Cheeseball was eaten... :(
Maybe you're upset about Rentar Irhono's getting away with killing his pal Erika... :(
Maybe he was kicked out of the Triad and is getting the retirement blues... :(
Maybe that Spongebob watch he sent away for never came in four to six weeks... :(
Maybe he ended up reading every single piece of literature in his tower and there is to read and there's nothing left... :(

Maybe I'm going off on a tangent. I do that. :P

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #30
I'm glad you've decided to see TM in action before passing judgement, Synergy67. And whether or not TM is abrasive/funny, he's still caused pages of discussion on things more important than which party you should use.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #31
Anyone with the courage to build a BoA scenario should not be pre-judged. Well, I mean that's not to say that anyone deserves to be anyway...

But seriously, what do so many of you have against TM? I like offensive, abbrasive people! Maybe we could have a vote...

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider

Pages