Avernum 1: A little help?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 1: A little help?
Apprentice
Member # 6331
Profile #0
Hey, i started playing Avernum 1 a little while ago, and i am up to the Final Gauntlet dungeon. I have nearly finished it, but am having problems with the switches at the end. Which order do i press them in?

--------------------
boo
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #1
Another Auzzy...You lot seem to swarm to this site. Anyway, leave your sanity at the door and all that. Don't just ask this one question and lurk, I'm sure once your sanitys been disposed of you'll quite enjoy yourself.

Oh, and to answer your question, I have no idea.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #2
As far as I remember, you push the buttons,(spin the wheels?) in the order that you find them. The way I did it was just going around trying to walk through walls constantly. Pushing one button opens up the path to the second, the second to the third, the third to the fourth, and so on...

The first I believe was to the right(west) of the gatehouse (entrance) to the final area, one was in the far northwest wall, one in the northeast wall, and I believe there was one in the southeast wall. More then that I can't tell you.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #3
The series of wheels is as follows
Enter the cave
Go through the cave and to the northwest is a cave with a wheel.....turn it
Go back down to the guard entrance and enter the eastern one.....in a hidden room along the eastern wall is the wheel.....turn it
Go through the cave to the northeast is a cave with lava, beyond the lava is a wheel.....turn it
Go back close to the entrance near the guard house in the center of that cave there's wheel.....turn it
The way at the north wall is now open, you can escape if you'd like, but if not there's a portal that'll take you back to the very beginning of that dungeon.
I hope that this information helps you. Have a great day. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Apprentice
Member # 6331
Profile #4
Ok, thanks all. I managed to get the wheels (sorry about switches in first post) in the right order. Now i face another problem, which i shall try to overcome myself: Finding Khoths lair.

--------------------
boo
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #5
Good luck. I hope that you do well. If not, you know where to go. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Apprentice
Member # 6331
Profile #6
thanks... just out of interest... who prefers what? Exile or Avernum?

--------------------
boo
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #7
the stupid final gauntlet always appear in this forums!and the khot lair is in the NW corner of avernum, for get there you must take a boat from the giant docks east of bargha or go flying through the area of erika tower
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #8
It's a give and take relationship! Exile has alot more spells but Avernum has better graphics and gameplay. I'll go ahead and say Avernum.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #9
I completely agree with solberg, avernum is better but i miss the exile spells, and maybe bashing weapons, i never used them but they were very decorative
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #10
Do you know one Exile spell I miss? Recharge. :confused:

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider