A3 endgame... Continuation option?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3 endgame... Continuation option?
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #0
After the little movie at the end, a window pops up saying something to the effect of there's still a lot more to do. I mean, I had a few minor quests left, and I had really cool stuff to drop off at my house! (I'm a pack rat; you never know when three suits of blessed plate mail will come in handy! Plus, do you really want that kind of power availible to the general public?)
The only problem is, the window says Quit, Restart, or Restore. Is there any way to continue playing the game, like there was in A1 and 2? :confused: :mad: :confused:

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
I'm pretty sure that's that.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
If you click Restore, the game offers to take you to your last save point (hopefully, before you started the final battle). You can just walk out of the fortress and back through Blackcrag into Valorim, finish all your other quests, and come back to the end-game later.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Yes, 'twas a bit of a ripoff, really. Particularly after A2's ending.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #4
Hmm. My last save point was right next to the controls. But I think my backup was right before the Vahnatai captured me. So I guess I'll go back to there. Any ideas on what to do to waste 50 days until TotM (I know, it's ToM in Avernum, but I like the Exile version better) gets invaded? (And who the heck takes 160 days to beat the game, anyway?!)

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by PantherShadow:

Hmm. My last save point was right next to the controls. But I think my backup was right before the Vahnatai captured me. So I guess I'll go back to there. Any ideas on what to do to waste 50 days until TotM (I know, it's ToM in Avernum, but I like the Exile version better) gets invaded? (And who the heck takes 160 days to beat the game, anyway?!)
Buy as much food as you can carry. Rest until it runs out or you reach day 160. Inelegant, but effective.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #6
whats with the editor version, anyway? someone told me to simply set the day to 160, but it didnt work, so i made it day 159 and rested, but when i reached 161, i realized that doesnt work either. why? or is it just me?

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
That's because it's actually a few days later.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00