A1 & A2 : A few questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A1 & A2 : A few questions
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Hi,

Sorry to bother you lot again, but I've got a few problems, and I'm pretty sure you can all help.

A1:

* I've killed Grah-Hoth (ouch!) and are now "Knights of Avernum". I've been told to randomly go around and do good deeds. I assume that includes assasinating the Emperor and stuff, and finding the way to the surface, so I'm fine there.

* I've talked to Khoth and stuff, given him his scroll, and have been taught the ritual to enter that Empire Tower place - but WHERE is it? At first I thought he was talking about that tower just to the southeast along the river, the one with all of the Black Shades in it, with the Gate Wheel which zaps you with lightning, but since it didn't help me there, I don't know which tower he was talking about... and could use some guidance there.

* Oh, and when I entered Bahshikava (wahtever it's spelled like), I thought that I was back playing BoA. And Legare wasn't quite so elusive here!

A2: Well, I've started this Avernum 2 game with my friend, as I still haven't gotten round to playing it on my own, and we're ALREADY stuck!

* In the quest that tells us to go and stop those Undead controlled by rogue nephils being made (the captain in formello gives you this one), we can't destroy the Altar. We have this random Ankh, and assume we need a ritual of Scantification. We managed to find someone called Alice in Formello who tells us about this, but we can't find it in any other library in the city. We did however find a tome which none of us could read, and were wondering if that might have been it, but we're playing a 3-player party (one of Matt's chars died cause was so bad, so we deleted him), with Arcane Lores of 4, 17 & 19, so I don't think we need more of that... HOW DO YOU FINISH THIS QUEST?

Thanks you all of your patience! I'll get there eventually.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
From Schrodinger's FAQ:
quote:
Commander Graham will give you a quest: Destroy the evil
nephilim altar. In order to do this, you'll need the ritual of
sanctification. The wizard's apprentice will give you give you hints
about this. In order to get it, leave the town wall through the west
and head north on the east side of the moat. Go as far north as you
can, then walk east through the secret door. Read the book and
everyone who has a point in priest spells will get this ritual
Remember that the Ritual is an ability and will show up in the abilities list.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
I can only really help with av 2. you learn the ritual of sanctification in a hidden library. To get there, leave on the west side of city (Don't get to the outdoors!) and walk along the wet side of the moat, on the outside of the city (So you're between the city wall and the moat). now walk all the way to the nort, untill you can't go any farther, because you bumped into a mountain of some sort. Anyway, you can't go any farther. Now search the city wall. Somewhere there you'lle find a secret door. Enter and search the book shelfs. There it is!

As Drakefyre already said: Its not a spell, but an ability. So once you got it, look at the ability's , and it should be there (its that picture of a sort of altar).

That tome you tried to read: leave it. You can't, doesn't matter how much arcane lore you have. You need Vahantai lore. Something you'lle only get once getting in the Vahnatai lands.

EDIT:
Stupid me! I looked at Drakey's post and thought he only said something about av 1 (I didn't read the post as yet). Well, now you have two detailed descriptions...

[ Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:40: Message edited by: Marvin, the paranoid android ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #3
if you mean the tower of hawthorne, its not in avernum. youll have to teleport there. talk to erika about it.
or which one do you mean?

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Rent-an-Ihrno:

if you mean the tower of hawthorne, its not in avernum. youll have to teleport there. talk to erika about it.
or which one do you mean?

^ I figured that one out by myself. ^ (though with the ammount of seemingly stupid questions I've put up here, I can understand why you think I'm a complete dumbo!)

Thanks for the Avernum 2 help guys! (and I already knew that it wasn't a spell - I'm not THAT thick :P )

A1:
* Talking to Khoth, he said that he made some magical defences for an Empire Tower to the southeast of him. I can't find that one...

* To the Southeast of Khoth there is this tower called the Black Spire or something like that. HOW do I manage to get through that one? THat's the one that the gate controls zap you with lightning.

* In the remote Islands, there is this tower protected on one side by a rune which kills you instantly (you stay trapped there forever, hypnotized by the field, your bodies wasting away until you die - that sort of thing), and a rock stopping you from entering by Boat. I assume that that's where that guy that Erika talked about (the traitor) lives, but I have NO way of getting there, and not many people seem inclined to help me.

* AND FINALLY, OF A LESS IMPORTANT NOTE: In Sulfras' Tower, the demon says that as one of Erika's servants, I should know what to do with the statue. I went back and talked to Erika again, but I still don't know what to do with the statue. Perhaps I missed it? If so, what do I do?

Thanks!

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:

* In the remote Islands, there is this tower protected on one side by a rune which kills you instantly (you stay trapped there forever, hypnotized by the field, your bodies wasting away until you die - that sort of thing), and a rock stopping you from entering by Boat. I assume that that's where that guy that Erika talked about (the traitor) lives, but I have NO way of getting there, and not many people seem inclined to help me.
Ooh, I remember this one. If I recall correctly, there's a pool nearby that temporarily protects you from the field (if you get there quickly enough).

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:

Ooh, I remember this one. If I recall correctly, there's a pool nearby that temporarily protects you from the field (if you get there quickly enough).

Ah, is that the pool which enlightens you for a short ammount of time? Or one of those others which makes you "feel good"?

Thanks. I'll try this out!

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
* if its the one i mean, its hidden. walk into all the cave walls in a cavern in that direction.

* you have to know that password. to know it, join the scimitar.

* its the one that makes you enlightened.

* if that is about what i think it is, then you need a password to be able to talk to the statues erika has dispatched in the larger towns of avernum. to get it, join the scimitar. (or was this a1? or a different statue?)

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Rent-an-Ihrno:

* if its the one i mean, its hidden. walk into all the cave walls in a cavern in that direction.

* you have to know that password. to know it, join the scimitar.

* its the one that makes you enlightened.

* if that is about what i think it is, then you need a password to be able to talk to the statues erika has dispatched in the larger towns of avernum. to get it, join the scimitar. (or was this a1? or a different statue?)

The password to talk to the statues is "Divulge", they won't tell you anything unless you say that.

Thanks for all of your help!

Once I'd gotten in and talked to Aydin, the rest all fell into place. And after I killed Hawthorne, I got these nice fancy 3 screens going over the three major quests I completed.

So I've won Avernum! Now onto Avernum 2 for myself!

One thing that really annoys me is that I can't tell Micah about:
1) The exit to the surface
2) I assasinated Hawthorne

Go my party! Knights of Avernum! :D

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6082
Profile #9
Hey, Micael, how'd you finish the exit to the surface quest? I can't get past that point.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #10
what part you have trouble? in final gauntlet?
the level order is:
-first the one with barriers
-then the one in the nw of the stalagmiteroom
-then the one hidden in the outpost before the stalag room
-then the room with i golem i think, entrance in ne part of the room
-then at last you can go to north in the stalagmite room.
well i believe that it was like that, maybe im wrong.
foe get this place ypu must get the black scepter from the azde-hazaai, and the silver circlet from spire to pass sulfras
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #11
can you tell me exactly what is in bashikava, when i get that place i was in level 10 and i dont ever go back, so i never saw wath was the big mistery of that place, i won the game but now i dont have avernum for see it
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
There's not really all that much. There are two interesting things: one, a couple of buildings that seem to be built in a weird architectural style, and two, the door to the slith homeland (which is unopenable).

Of course, the BoA scenario plays this up quite a bit more.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00