Avernum 1: "Scimitar"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 1: "Scimitar"
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Is joining the "Scimitar" group any good?

Cause when I first got asked by them to join and tehn to kill those Empire :eek: :confused: :mad: people in those Gremlin Caves, I was surprised. Empire in Avernum? I thought thatr happened in Avernum 2!

Anyway, a simple question: Is joining the litle band of Empire-Exterminators any good for main game play? Or is it just a small side quest here and there?

Thanks!

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Joining Scimitar is necessary for one of Avernum's three main quests.

—Alorael, who supposes this doesn't make joining necessary, strictly speaking. You can win without Scimitar. You just can win all three ways.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #2
Well the empire outpost there is to magically spy on avernum and when need be send out assassins if they think someone is dangerous.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Although I only played the demo, I've read enough walktrouhgs to say, that if you don't join them, you can't finish the game.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Try not to post unless you add something new. Alorael said all that needs to be said to answer the initial question. Unless Micael has a new question about the Scimitar, let the topic die.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
*** Warning: don't read this post because of extreme sarcasme ***

Maybe this post is unnesecary, but I will post it anyway, just to irritate everyone. Because Aloreal always puts some important information in his signature and I usually don't read signatures, i may miss the information. So, and I'm trying not to be to offensive, please, if such a thing happens, you maybe could try to not fill up the forum with these messages. In mt eyes, this is spam actually. Maybe this hole message is also spam, but just to say the thing I wanted to say, I wanted to post this message.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
It's Alorael.

The solution isn't for us to ignore the fact that you ignore my posts. The solution is for you to read my signature. And I'm 100% sure thaat what I said in my post, excluding the signature, already said what you said.

—Alorael, who always puts the last sentence, few sentences, or paragraph in his signature. This information will sadly go overlooked by he who needs it, however, since he has some signature aversion even when the signature is fully part of the body of the post.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Ulterior Epilogue:

It's Alorael.

The solution isn't for us to ignore the fact that you ignore my posts. The solution is for you to read my signature. And I'm 100% sure thaat what I said in my post, excluding the signature, already said what you said.

I'm sorry if I irritated anyone. I was just in that vengeful mood I have some times. I'm trying to read you signatures, but sometimes I just forget and miss the information written in it. I'm not sure your post, exluding the information of the signature said what I said. But, well. What do I actually care?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

I'm not sure your post, exluding the information of the signature said what I said. But, well. What do I actually care?
If you would take the time to go back and read Alo's signature you would see that he said that you can win without joining the Scimitar, but you will not win in all the ways possible.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
I think we are quite done here. No harm done, but anything more would just be spam.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00