Special Skills Analysis

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Special Skills Analysis
Apprentice
Member # 5846
Profile Homepage #0
Greetings

Has anyone done or know of a website that has figured out precisely what benefits skills like barter and blademaster provide? I know what the descriptions say, but I'm curious if someone knows more about how they work. For instance, what percent of the value does each point of barter provide, if it works on such a scale?

I know I can use the character editor to some degree to figure these out, I'm just curious if someone else already has, and is willing to share.

I'm currently playing Avernum. I don't know if the skills change in the sequels or not.

Ecaep
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
One point of Blademaster is equivalent to one point of Melee Weapons plus one point of Pole Weapons.

Barter is more complicated. Someone once constructed a table of how different shopkeepers react to different levels of Barter. All I remember was that the point was that you only needed a few points of Barter to get the best possible prices in some shops, but you needed a lot more to get the best possible prices in every shop.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5846
Profile Homepage #2
Does anyone know how useful the skills gymnastics and anatomy are, or what they do?

Thanks.

Ecaep
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Gymnastics is awesome. It makes you act faster in combat, but more importantly, when you raise it to 10 or so, low-level creatures can't hit you anymore and other things have significant disadvantages to hitting.

I've never noticed Anatomy make any difference, but it claims to provide a little more damage to humanoid creatures (and a bonus to First Aid, as if that mattered).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #4
*deleted*

EDIT: I just noticed that this isn't the BoA board.

EDIT2: In case somone might still answer, here is what I wrote:
quote:
Are undead classed as humanoid creatures? Because I might make a sort of charm withat gives a character high anatomy to help fight the few, strong undead in my scenario.

[ Sunday, May 29, 2005 05:18: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
No, undead don't count as humanoid. Give a weapon that does bonus damage to undead or something instead -- unoriginal, I know, but I keep my creative ideas to myself. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #6
Yeah, just make something like a quest at the beginning for some item that has a +20 against Undead or something.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!