I want to play but the there is no time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I want to play but the there is no time
Apprentice
Member # 5130
Profile #0
I like the game, but i found a BIG problem, a common problem in most rpg games, there is no time or clock. So something weird and annoying happens, more time you take to end the game , EASIER it is to finish :S. Personally when i want a challenge, i need the time to be over me. If i have all the time i want to end the game, or even worse, more time i take to end the game is easier, it seems pointless to me to play.
So i'm asking if anyone who finished the game reasonable fast, can tell me how much time it was so i can try to break that time, and have some kind of challenge. (i mean game time, no REAL time) of course who in the first time you ended the game., THanks
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Which one? A1, A2, or A3? I have no idea how long it took me for A1 or A2, but I know A3 I probably could've finished in 50-60 days, game-time.

[ Tuesday, April 12, 2005 05:08: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5130
Profile #2
I was talking about all of them, since i'm intended to play them all. 50-60 days of in-game play seems very little...but i can't be wrong
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
If you already know exactly what you have to do in order to finish, it's apparently possible to win Avernum 3 in under 20 days, but that's not really normal.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #4
If you post a time, you might want to post difficulty level, too; that'd probably make a large difference.

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
It is possible to rush through the game as a challenge, but if you want to see everything in the game, you'll spend significantly longer. Yes, that means playing through the entire game is easier than rushing through only the essential parts, but that's exactly what the sidequests are there for.

—Alorael, who would like to add (maybe unnecessarily) that A3 gets no easier as game time passes. If anything, it gets a little bit harder. The only major difference is that you can't complete a few quests, though. And there's a fun event if you delay long enough.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5130
Profile #6
well, yes i know it easier, and worst, i know it's build that way, the same reason i don't play most rpg like diablo (if that can be called rpg anyway), but i really liked the demo and wanna play it but the idea that it will have the same problem (at least to me) than a lot of others games of this kind.....
anyway, can i see some more times?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
Playing leisurely through A3 on torment I finished in 100 game days. If I didn't do any of the side quest or looked at everything I would have taken half the time. A1 and A2 are smaller games. If you really want to finish fast A1 may be the best choice.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #8
I've beat A3 in 40-50 days, but that was on one of the easier levels.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Apprentice
Member # 5130
Profile #9
k i have some a3 times, now some a1 and a2 times?
Warrior
Member # 182
Profile #10
That's more difficult because there isn't a day counter.

--------------------
All things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
I've beaten Avernum 2 in around two or three game months and Avernum 3 in around 20 days. I've beaten Exile III in 17 game days.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #12
i dont know about a1 and a2, but ive done a3 in under 10 days, if i remember correctly. there is one in this board who claims to have done it in 5.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5130
Profile #13
in the first try? without walktrough nor anything like that?.... *-)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #14
*stabs double post demon*

[ Thursday, April 14, 2005 05:53: Message edited by: The Asphalt of Apathy ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #15
I'm pretty sure this is referring to doing it without any character editor use.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
Well, with the character editor you can change the day. So with that, I could do it in 0 days. :D

It's pretty much impossible to do it significantly under 20-25 days without the benefit of a walkthrough or previous experience. Finding out what to do next takes a lot of the time.

This is not taking into account that someone could play by backing up the save file, exploring, then reloading and going again by the shortest way. I would count that as "previous experience".

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #17
First time I played A3 (I'd played E3 before so I did know what was going on...) I got to the final level but never officially finished it because I wanted to wait around for the "fun event" that Alorael just referred to. A bit silly though because then I moved onto some other game or something and never did finish it properly... That was on Easy mode and I'd been going around doing everything. The game I'm playing now is on Torment and it's about day 110. But I am going around doing everything again. Partly because it's quite a while since I last played it...