Dead Guy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dead Guy
Apprentice
Member # 5205
Profile #0
Is there some way that I can bring back a dead character, even though my mage does not know the spell to revive the dead?
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #1
Reviving dead people is a fairly high level priest spell and also requires a potion. I recall you can buy the potion in the Tower of Magi Pharmacy, but you might be able to learn how to make the potion yourself with the right ingredients.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Apprentice
Member # 5210
Profile #2
I think I saw that on a site...

Called Balm of Life or similar name. I think it requires a high Potion making of 9 or 10.

You need 3 herbs(Healing, spiritiual & energetic, I think) to make it also and must have the recipie of course. Not sure if it is available in the demo though.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Every Avernum game has a place where you can buy revival from the dead (and it appears in the hints to start out the game), but it varies from game to game. Which one are you playing?

EDIT: Generally, a good bet is to go to the Tower of Magi. They can help you there (except possibly in A3, not sure).

[ Monday, November 22, 2004 16:26: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
Can't healers bring back dead characters? :confused:

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #5
Yeah. I was just checking it out. Another little potion icon comes up called "resurrection". At least for avernum 3. But all the games have the same concept, so hopefully you know where I'm getting at. :) If you aren't a big fan of cheating, the cost is kinda high. (700+ for the healer at shayder) So prices aren't exactly cheap.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #6
Head back to Fort Emergence and find Eva in the animal pen SE of the map. She raises the dead for reasonable rates. Make sure you pick up any gear the dear departed dropped at the time of their passing or else you end with an unequipped and underdressed party member.

btw, why do they have to wear Pants (apart from a point or two of protection)? The character images are all decently dressed and I've never had NPCs react against one of my party whom I've forgotten to equip with Pants.

--------------------
"Keep both hands where I can see them"
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
there are some useful pants like the pants of power or iridium pants, which also are very good for enchanting, because you probably wont replace them, like weapons of armors.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
There is also a good use for pants at the very end of the game. No, you're not in trouble if you have no pants (beyond the obvious problem, I mean...), but they're good to have.

—Alorael, who will say no more until asked.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #9
I think I know what you're talking about, Alo, but I'm not sure...

Consider yourself asked?
Apprentice
Member # 5205
Profile #10
Thanks everyone. The healer in the medical wing, Jed, was able to revive my dead guy. Whoo, that was close! Next time I will make sure I click on Load Saved Game instead of Save!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Air 'N Ax:

I think I know what you're talking about, Alo, but I'm not sure...

Consider yourself asked?

There's an Easter Egg that takes you to a...I think this one's the little town with completion dates and stuff.
The Strange Place is in A2, right?

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #12
Let's hear it for pants!
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #13
Lol. If you're really desperate, pants give you SOME protection. ;) Btw, the iridium pants are found on the orb of thrlani quest, in case you were wondering. I'm pretty sure it protects from a decent amount of acid.(like 10% or something)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
Yep, A2 has the odd smiley cavern. A3 has Generic Land, reachable courtesy of one rune and one pair of pants.

—Alorael, who is almost certain that special pants don't work. Don't lose your work clothes en route!
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #15
how do you get pants of sorrow off!!! I got a pair in giant's forge & am stuck with 'em ever since!! :mad:

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
I think healers can uncurse them for you.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #17
yes, or the editor can, too.
id always take a look at how much an item is worth, because if its 0, youll know its a cursed item or it provides some other inconvinience. (sp?)

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #18
Another thing I can add on to that is cursed items are generally hard to identify yourself. By this i mean even if you have a high amount of item lore, you probably won't be able to identify what the object is. My advice: If you see something and aren't sure what it is, try it on, then if it doesnt come off reload the game.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
My advice is not to use unidentified equipment, potions, scrolls, and wands. It's not that expensive to pay for an identifier, and they're scattered conveniently.

—Alorael, who only bothers with "unknown" gear when he knows what it is. If you find a halberd in the Remote Cavern, it's probably worth using (although there is a cursed fake...).