Amulet in Bavner

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Amulet in Bavner
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
There's this Nephil sitting outside Bavner on the Isle of Bigail. Claims the inkeeper stole some amulet from him. The only thing I can get related to this is talking to the priest there and she says she can't help with this "little squabble". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah also, not too long ago I deleted one of my characters because everyone was afraid of him being a slith. Is there any way to re-create another character or am I stuck with a party of three?

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 11:51: Message edited by: The Holy Toenail ]

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
You have to confront the innkeeper, strangely enough. If you have a high enough reputation, he'll hand over the amulet without a fight. If not, you can get the whole town (and maybe the whole island) mad at you.

—Alorael, who believes there is another option besides strongarm intimidation. He can't remember it, though, and he didn't use it. The reputation isn't that hard to come up with.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #2
thats strange. In my game all there is in the bar is a "townsperson" that won't talk to me.

Oh sorry. I thought he was supposed to be in the bar but I found him now. Thanks.

But then there's still the matter of making another party member...

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 12:44: Message edited by: The Holy Toenail ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4516
Profile #3
Any Niphil Charm should satisfy the niphil. He should give you a blessed bow.
You can create a new character in big towns like Gale etc. (I "think") You need to click the "use" button once you are in the town and click the create new character text in the menu that appears. That should do.

--------------------
Wallace W.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
Speaking of any charm, the strange thing is the inkeeper gave me two charms instead of one! So I got a charm and a blessed bow from the deal. Also, my main character was wearing a cheiftain charm that I got from a dead goblin.

And anyway I don't need another character. I recruited Falko from Krisan.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by The Holy Toenail:

Speaking of any charm, the strange thing is the inkeeper gave me two charms instead of one! So I got a charm and a blessed bow from the deal. Also, my main character was wearing a cheiftain charm that I got from a dead goblin.

And anyway I don't need another character. I recruited Falko from Krisan.

Falko??? Get the Slith Priest from New Formello, or Miranda from up north. Both are a LOT better than Falko.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by The Calm Before the Flamewar:

You have to confront the innkeeper, strangely enough. If you have a high enough reputation, he'll hand over the amulet without a fight. If not, you can get the whole town (and maybe the whole island) mad at you.

—Alorael, who believes there is another option besides strongarm intimidation. He can't remember it, though, and he didn't use it. The reputation isn't that hard to come up with.

He'll give it to you if you've stopped the roach infestation.

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #7
I have managed to piss off the whole damn island by killing the innkeeper and taking the necklace. Do they eventually forgive me?

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
I don't think towns ever forgive you in Avernum, unlike Exile. There's always the character editor, I suppose. Or just use the Jewel of Return and don't go back to Bigail, but in that case anything you left undone there will have to stay undone.

[ Thursday, December 13, 2007 02:09: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I don't think towns ever forgive you in Avernum, unlike Exile.
WELL THAT'S JUST DANDY

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Micael:

Falko??? Get the Slith Priest from New Formello, or Miranda from up north. Both are a LOT better than Falko.
I find it a little odd how good the NPCs are. Hsska (the slith priest) would make a freakishly good singleton considering how early you can recruit him if you try hard enough.

I can only wonder what the deep reason for this is.

--------------------
Feel free to rate my karma. Please. I like to have an idea of what people think of me.

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #11
Topic necromancy!

--------------------
"There's a hole in the bucket, dear Excalibur, dear Excalibur..."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Topic necromancy!
...right, let me explain this so that it's perfectly clear. Scorpius had a question. He looked for a similar thread, and found it. It didn't answer his question. So, the choice was either start a new topic, or resurrect the old one.

I see no fault here.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.