Vahnatai - Do you like them?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Vahnatai - Do you like them?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Guys. This poll is simple - do you like Vahnatai or not?

If you have an answer different from the ones available. Just press other, and then post what your answer is. Thank you. Avernum will always be gratified for you help in this historical work...

Personal;ly, I didn't want to kill them in Avernum 3 - but I had no choice. Rentar Ihnro was a total twerp!¬!!!¬!!!¬!!¬!¬!¬!¬!¬!¬!

CURRENT RESULTS:

15 Voters

Do you like Vahnatai?

Yes = 60%
No = 40%
Other -> POST IT = 33%

Did you let Erika die fighting them?

Yes = 80%
No = 40%

That's the Current Results. 09:26:05 GMT 9 July 2004

[ Thursday, July 08, 2004 23:13: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #1
No, i don't like them:they're too powerfull and it frightening me :D !
Nah, seriously, they're too proud, don't share their technology with the humanBut they need humans to help them recover the crystals souls.
I hate Rentar Irhno (for the purist:'xcuse me, I don't know how to write it)!!So ****ing proud!
And I don't like the vahnatai spells: capturing people's mind!How ugly! :)
And they look so fragile: I feel like crushing each of they're small bones with my hand!

:) A last!I've say it!I feel so much better now!

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #2
They look like the Roswell aliens. ~_~

But really, it depends on the situation whether I like them or not(balme mood swings) in A3, I just wanted to break every bone in their scrawny little bodies and throw them in that pit.

But they save your life in VoDT, so they can't be all bad.

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Apprentice
Member # 4658
Profile #3
i had already killed erika !!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
and i will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and you will know my name is the lord: pulp fiction samuel. jackson
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #4
What are the results? I have no comment, so I dont want to vote.

EDIT: Plus I had no idea Erika died from them (has no Avernum 3)

[ Wednesday, July 07, 2004 15:11: Message edited by: GIFTSare2d2 ]
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #5
The results, for now:
like them 43%
don't like them 29%
other (post) 29%

But, you have to vote to see the results.
By now 7 person have vote, so...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #6
i think yhat they r quite cool.man they help us a lot.and they have a very good reason to be arogant. they made us 4 hells sake. and jus about every thing elese tht gives us pain.but i like dragons more.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Because no one else has stepped up to the plate, I feel that I must. To vahnatai_hell_fyre: in general, AIMspeak (substituting "r" for "are," "4" for "for," and the like) is frowned upon around here.

To stay remotely on topic, I liked the vahnatai of A2, but not of A3. Jeff made them too one-dimensional in A3. ("We still hate the Empire, and that is the single motivation behind all our actions.")

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #8
sorry kel.iil no longer write like that.but you do have a point there. thy are damn cool in A2 and suck in A3. they are helpful in VoTD(BoA).so i guess that equals it out.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #9
There is no proof that they (Vahnatai) created humans. I believe this is a theory created by Drakefyre, which 1) is unprovable and 2) i disagree with.

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #10
They should die, all of them. No one kills Erika and gets away with it.

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Rentar-Ihrno doesn't get away with it. Last time I checked, her clan gets decimated and her plotting is literally exploded by a bunch of goody two shoes adventurers.

Then there are the vahnatai like Bon-Ihrno, but they deserve to die because their race is guilty of a single murder. The attempted deicide committed by humans is of no matter.

—Alorael, who likes the vahnatai because, quite frankly, they're the only race that couldn't be lifted straight out of any number of other generic fantasy sources. And crystals are cool.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #12
The Vahnatais are cool, they use their mind and soul powers. I've always admired any super-intelligent races, especially those that knows magic.

Oh this reminds me, there should be Human, Nephil, Slith, and Vahnatai PCs in the next Avernum.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #13
thats a cool outlook. vahnatai PCs.its like i said though(i did didnt i?)we have done much worse things than any vhanatai.and we think thast its ok.and... well whatever.

--------------------