A3--Vahkohs, I thought he was dead?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3--Vahkohs, I thought he was dead?
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #0
I have played A3 many many times through, and for the first time I have noticed a vampire in A3 that goes by the name Vahkohs. After going through his tower I killed him, for good. Does this mean the Vahkohs in BoA is the same one that some how survived, or an amazing coincident?
P.S- As I was saying, I have played many times, I just never noticed his name until yesterday on my latest playthrough.

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #1
Go behind his throne there is a secret passage with a crystal you have to smash. Once you smash the crystal he is gone.
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #2
No offense or anything, but I have played this game many times. I know where the crystal is, and that is why I created this topic. When you smash the crystal it says he is finally dead. If so, why is he in BoA?

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #3
Perhaps DwtD is set *before* A3?

Or it could be just a coincidence.
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #4
*theories welcome*

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #5
Jeff put him in there without realizing it. Jeff put him in there realizing it and not caring. Jeff put him in there just to torture some people.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #6
Aaah, the undeads life's mysteries...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #7
Perhaps another undead learned Vahkohs's techniques, but was more ambitious and powerful that him. Then he named himself after Vahkohs.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #8
Perhaps Jeff just believe in reincarnation...
And Vahlohs deserves it!

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #9
Gak!! You people play for the killing, cause you havent been reading the messages. In BOA Vahkohs says that he was defeated by adventurers before and has vowed never to loose again. Think about it, same name, same habit of creating hordes of monsters, same habit of creating large forts, same skill with crystals...

COME ON PE0PLE!

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Apprentice
Member # 4632
Profile #10
go to his throne room. walk keep huggin the west wall until you find a secret room. if there are any doors in your way, ( i dont remember) just keep on opening them until you get outside. the crystal which is vahkos is guarded by 2 demons and i cant remember what else. smash the crystal and he'll stop
annoying you by makin all those pop ups appear.

the end :D
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #11
Maybe an ambitious necromancer brought him back to life for any reason between wanting to take over the world to a drinking partner. And then Vahkos caught him and drank his blood 'till he died?

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #12
Dang it people! Don't you know back in the 800s Vakhohs was the most common name vampire mothers named their newborn sons? It's like John or Tom or James! Sheesh.

[ Thursday, July 08, 2004 14:11: Message edited by: Schrodinger ]

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #13
You have to smash the crystal?!!! That explains why he keeps following me around cursing me. My party is now addicted to skribbane, holding the curse of vahkohs, and I haven't gotten rid off the Uranium Bar.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #14
Cursed? Find a top-notch healer (the Anama guy on Bigail can do it).

Just toss the Uranium. I dumped it in Levy's office.

Skribbane? Never touch the stuff. Character Editor'll fix that little problem. :D

--------------------
"Keep both hands where I can see them"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
I'm pretty sure he was joking, and this thread is over a month old anyway.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #16
It popped up on a search. Is there a rule about reviving old threads or something?

--------------------
"Keep both hands where I can see them"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
It's not against the rules per se, but it's generally considered pointless and annoying to revive a thread that's more than about a week old. People will start whining at you if you revive 2 or 3 old threads at once, and you may be warned for spam if you revive half a page of them, but that's about it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #18
its not necessary to kill vahkohs or whatever to complete a3, so i guess jeff didnt create the plot assuming that the player had already killed vahkohs in a3.
for example, you can kill motrax in a1, but he will still be sitting in his lair in a2. and so on.

edit: sry, didnt notice this thread was revived. is it bad to post in a topic that has already been revived by someone else?

[ Wednesday, September 22, 2004 08:37: Message edited by: Ferox ]

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
Once a topic is revived, it's not a crime to keep talking. That said, usually topics like this should be permitted to die gracefully again. Also, as Angry Ogre notes, DwtD explains that Vahkos was killed by adventurers, presumably in A3. So Jeff wasn't entirely ignoring it, just ignoring the part were the vampire is permanently and emphatically deceased.

—Alorael, who also feels a need to point out that the "Anama guy" Ahonar can only cure Dread Curse and regular problems. For Vahkos' special curse, only smashing the crystal will help.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #20
And that is really all that needs to be said about this.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00