I'm stuck - how can I get southwest?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I'm stuck - how can I get southwest?
Apprentice
Member # 5780
Profile #0
Hi,

I had a lot of fun with Geneforge 2 so far but now it's getting a little bit frustrating. I've got a lvl 32 shaper character and almost all areas in the east, west and north are green on my map. I've joined Zachary and already completed his first mission over at the Magus Complex. However I can't get to the southwestern part of the map, where Rising and the Radiant College is located. I've tried to get southwest by using the route via mountain base. However the entrance is blocked if you enter mountain base from the north. Then I've tried to cross the Experimental valley near Drypeak to move on to Rising and the Radiant College. However the way is blocked by traps which are spraying acid on you and my character is constantly killed. I've got a mechanic skill of 6 but I can't destroy all traps because my skill is not high enough. Does anybody have an idea? Are there other ways to Rising? Thanks in advance for answering my question
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #1
You can allwase go through clawbug canyon if your up for the fight.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Apprentice
Member # 5780
Profile #2
@Leonard: Where do I find Clawbug canyon? I can't find it on my map.
Warrior
Member # 4131
Profile #3
At Freegate's SW corner there's two exits.One to experimental valley and one to Clawbug Canyon...
Or you can fight through the taker lands...

--------------------
I like Biscuits!!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #4
You should really buy up Mech (Or get the Infiltrators Vest from the Magus Complex and the Infiltrators Cloak from the Northern Pass, this gives you +2 Mech when worn), because the XP you get from Experimental Valley is worth the points spent, you can someitmes can you to two levels just by deactivateing all the sprayers in Experimental Valley.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #5
I agree with contra, that is to say: I would say get the items if you allready invested some points in strength (so you can carry the stuff).

[ Sunday, May 15, 2005 07:45: Message edited by: Harlequin ]

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #6
If you don't want to waste points on mechanics, Haste + Combat Mode gets me through the Experimental Valley every time.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #7
Once more; Buy up Mech to clear the valley, the sprayers are worth equal XP after cleared as the two Mech points you bought.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

Once more; Buy up Mech to clear the valley, the sprayers are worth equal XP after cleared as the two Mech points you bought.

No, they are not, for two major reasons.

1. There is plenty of experience to be had in the game. By the end, killing Ur-Drakons might earn you about 10 exp points.

2. You can increase Mech with items. If he hastes through the Experimental Valley, he can got to the Clockwork Factory. He can then get the Tinkers Gloves, as well as the +1 from the book. Along with the Infiltrator's Shield, Cloak and Tunic, that's 6 mech points.

Why waste good skill points on BS mech? I sink about 4 into it, and I survive.

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 06:43: Message edited by: Waylander ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
The XP for shutting off all the sprayers is well worth it, but you don't have to put any skill points into Mechanics to get it. Just use the items Contra mentioned, or if they're not enough, come back after you've pumped your Mech with the items from the Clockwork Maze. Then put the skill points you earn for your antacid activity to good use in some other skill.

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 13:17: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00