servile as main charactor?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: servile as main charactor?
Apprentice
Member # 5187
Profile #0
for geneforge 3 0r 4 there should be an option to play an evolved servile that has learned shaper skills illeagaly and the shaper towns could hate you and the servile colonies would automaticly like you... you could fight to take down the shapers.. just a thought

how many people agree this would be a good idea

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=kcRdNRiiAFZe"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=kcRdNRiiAFZe"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
~~SaltyDog~~
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #1
It would be very interesting. You could also be a complete and total traitor and be an Obeyer from Geneforge 1. Also being a taker would be interesting. Some of the other serviles might be afraid of you. Even better you could be one of the insane servile magic using cultists in the taker compound.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 5193
Profile Homepage #2
it would be cool and new, but it would sorta be hard in that shapers would not give you any slack at all. good idea though :)

[ Saturday, November 13, 2004 07:57: Message edited by: Mata Nui ]

--------------------
Size matters not for the force is my ally and a powerful ally it is-Jedi Master Yoda
my grandpa was a wise man he said John, you can't milk a dead cow
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #3
This would bring a new perspective into the game. . . too bad serviles are weaker than shapers, huh?

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out my GF 1, 2 and 3 Helper!
Ceck out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #4
Nah, I like the Shapers. Andras rules!

Auri
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
I stay stick with Shapers - deciding how to interact with the race your race created is basically the point of the Geneforge series, and I must admit, I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to sequels and prequels.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #6
If a servile was a playable character, I would say that it would have no shaping skills what so ever, but would make up for it with bonuses to stuff like tool use(?)

Plotwise in a nut shell... a servile faction is learning how to shape creations, and your character is sent to stop them.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #7
Having serviles be main characters would be okay, but the main point of the game is with the shaping skills. How would a servile learn them, even if "illegally"?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Apprentice
Member # 4904
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by saltydog:

for geneforge 3 0r 4 there should be an option to play an evolved servile that has learned shaper skills illeagaly and the shaper towns could hate you and the servile colonies would automaticly like you... you could fight to take down the shapers.. just a thought
The idea is interesting, but it can't be done well. Playing a servile would mean a completely different storyline and dialogues. Making a servile 'just another char' is good only for munckin games (diablo, mw), but not for plot-based Geneforge.