Whats ur favorte Scenario?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Whats ur favorte Scenario?
Apprentice
Member # 5108
Profile #0
Vote on your favorite poll and WIN WIN WIN!! Actually no, but still vote nad rate me.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 36 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at October 28, 2004 03:16 PM board time.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=mCJWlCCRTUQl"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=mCJWlCCRTUQl"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
All roads lead to Blades of Avernum.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
You're forgetting 6 or so. The best is A Perfect Forest, although only because of the piddlingly low quality of everything else. Honestly, no truly good scenarios have sprouted up yet.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #2
i luv zakhatzsi or whaeva cos it sooo like roks haha!!11!1 XD XD

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #3
Out of those four I'd have to pick "A Small Rebellion," simpily because it was the only start scenerio that actually made you stop and think. But left out a load of scenerios, including a Perfect Forest which would have won.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #4
Although, it wasn't a scenario, I liked the HLPM better than most of the scenarios so far.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #5
I would actually venture to guess that a sizable percentage of BoE/A players never realize that there are third-party scenarios available. Furthermore, some of those who do seem to believe (I've heard this before) that third-party scenarios will necessarily be poor substitutes for his Holiness Jeff Vogel's stellar work.

It'd be interesting but probably impossible to see what percentage of BoX players play through the included scenarios, go "Hooray", and leave it at that.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
My favorite used to be A Small Rebellion, and though I still like it a lot, I now prefer the Za-Khazi Run, mainly because it is the only wholly subterranean scenario (which I'm a sucker for). The underground atmosphere is much more captivating and engrossing than the run-of-the-mill above-ground shenanigans.

It also holds up far better on replaying than the other scenarios, because it has lots of fascinating nooks and crannies everywhere, most of which are optional (and therefore more interesting in my view). The first time through you have to sort the wheat from the chaff and leave out most of the side-adventures. So your second and third time through, you can focus on what you left out the previous time.

EDIT: For some reason most of my original post was one huge run-on sentence. Shame on me!

[ Saturday, October 30, 2004 10:14: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Quest of the Avatar:

I would actually venture to guess that a sizable percentage of BoE/A players never realize that there are third-party scenarios available. Furthermore, some of those who do seem to believe (I've heard this before) that third-party scenarios will necessarily be poor substitutes for his Holiness Jeff Vogel's stellar work.

It'd be interesting but probably impossible to see what percentage of BoX players play through the included scenarios, go "Hooray", and leave it at that.

Given the number of references I've heard to 'beating' BoX, probably quite a bit more than we're comfortable with.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #8
Why would people even get the game just for those scenarios? Compared to X1-3 they suck and at least for BoE there are much better scenario's out there that are really the only point in buying it. In BoA the scenarios are improving and are better but not by an incredible amount yet, so the real reason for me registering that was that it was an investment in the chances of good scenarios- besides giving me a way to attempt to create scenarios if I ever decided to get "serious" about the game.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #9
They suck.
Apprentice
Member # 5092
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Fear Uncertainty and Custer:

quote:
Originally written by Quest of the Avatar:

Given the number of references I've heard to 'beating' BoX, probably quite a bit more than we're comfortable with.

But it would be pretty hard to poll that... I mean, the same people who are ignorant of 3rd party scenarios are almost surely the same people who forgot that there is a forum button on the home page....
Apprentice
Member # 4552
Profile #11
Personnally, I loved playing "Death at Chapman's" scenario...
... sure I wouldn't say it's truly good one, but it seems ... hu?... "lovely". :rolleyes:

--------------------
Funny how it all falls away... ;_;