Perfect Forest

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Perfect Forest
Apprentice
Member # 4096
Profile #0
Well, I seem to be stuck in the mines. I've read the messages on the other thread and I get the impression that something may have gone wrong in my game.

I entered the mine and encountered the Perfect Spirit. When I hit it with the spirit wand that I picked up earlier in the scenario, it turned into the invulnerable Spirit orb and fled. I chased it, in combat mode (perhaps this was my mistake?) until it turned into the blue undead nephil again. Once again, I hit it with my wand and it apparently disappeared. No orb, no nothing. I then proceeded to explore the rest of the mines and found the machines, portal and labs. But I've gotten no messages indicating what I should do and the orb hasn't reappeared. I just seem to be wandering around killing hostile spirits.

I reopened an earlier game and this time chased the orb in regular walking mode until it turned back into the undead nephil. Then I killed it and the result seemed to be the same.

What am I doing wrong?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Never seen this not work before. Did you get any error messages?

Try killing it without using the Spectral Ward. See if it makes a difference.

[ Thursday, September 23, 2004 17:54: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5011
Profile Homepage #2
I'm stuck in the same stinking place as well. I uncovered the right half of the mine then hit the center where the perfect spirit is. I kill his 'cat' form and he turns into the orb which proceeds to drain my party to death. I have tried coasting around trying not to encounter him before I set the stinking mirrors but he always finishes me off before I can get close to the mirrors. I hate using the Character editor and really hate the hurry up messages then dying constantly. I will try to kill it another way but I can't seem to damage the orb at all.

I had an earlier problem also in Amsur's rebel cave (hope the name is right..). I don't need to rest my party when I enter the cave to deliver the scrolls. So I wander around the forest for about 6 hours till I finally realize the only thing I haven't done is rest. A major story trigger should not be given a choice like "Would you like to rest yes/no" , I would think..

I played the first 4 scenarios and finished all with no Character Editor. So I am familiar with the game tactics. But what am I doing wrong here??? Is it this hard or have I missed something? I like this scenario and really hate roadblocks. Any suggestions??

[ Thursday, September 23, 2004 19:06: Message edited by: Barundar ]

--------------------
*On a sacred quest to slay the demons in my mind..*

Member: P.D.D.S
...Please don't drink and spam
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #3
What I do to avoid the drain is to haste and run. Or you may go into combat mode and run. If you are more than 1-2 squares away, the orb ignores you in favor of finding a new body.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #4
Barundar - if you use healing spells whenever the Perfect Spirit orb is about to kill you, you should be fine. And you've worked out how you're meant to set the mirrors, right?
Apprentice
Member # 4096
Profile #5
Stareye-

I didn't get any error messages. I will try again and avoid using the wand (although it sure is quick and effective- just one shot and it killed the neph form). I noticed that when it turned into an orb, it fled from me, rather than attack me (except for a physical attack when one of my charactors moved away from it). There was no draining. That's why I was so confused by the other posts I was reading. Both times that I played through, my party chased the orb down until it turned back into an undead neph.

Is the orb not supposed to return after the second neph form is killed?
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #6
The Perfect Spirit doesn't start draining you until it has been defeated in Haunted Nephil form several (five?) times. During beta testing, I sometimes had to wait well over 100 turns between Haunted Nephil attacks, during which time the PS was nowhere to be seen (though I don't recall witnessing the PS vanish in front of me, so it still may be the case that you've hit a bug).

As for destroying the machine: provided your party isn't a singleton, using separate PCs to accomplish independently and simultaneously the various tasks (looking at machine, pushing each mirror) renders the drain trivial.

--------------------
Forgive them, for they are young and rich and white.
Apprentice
Member # 5011
Profile Homepage #7
Ok..I have more info. I entered and walked the cave. I killed everything I saw on the right side and saved the doors for after I have the map fully uncovered. Bad idea. Now I have to find all the trigger spots (SW right?) and then activate the mirrors. Only problem is the Perfect Spirit. Let's say you kill him 5 times before he starts the draining. I have my latest save just before the 5th time. So if I see him or I run into him by accident I can't get away fast enough to start looking for the mirrors. Yes I heal fine but always seem to lose a character at some point. I made a Paladin of sorts and a straight cleric for healing. Also have a thief/archer and a straight mage.

I seem to have found the control pannel somewhere in the west and found one mirror south west, but can't turn the mirrors yet because I haven't found the last mirror. Consequentially, my games last about 3-5min and I am running out of Keyboards as I keep pounding mine! Perhaps if I knew all the directions I needed to go in...

Incentially, I tried that spirit wand on him once just to see what the thing did, and it turned him into the blue orb right away. I tried to attack the orb right after but it said it wasn't hostile. Kind of weird. Can anything hurt that damn orb??

--------------------
*On a sacred quest to slay the demons in my mind..*

Member: P.D.D.S
...Please don't drink and spam
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #8
If you found the control panel and the south west room, you've already seen both mirrors. What you need to find now is the supreme energy source. I suggest that you search north of the control panel.

That damn orb can be hurt by the laser beams. As soon as you are able to move the mirrors you can catch it in a beam and hold it for a few rounds, while you figure out how to position the mirror.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #9
The Perfect Spirit is ALWAYS supposed to appear after killing its Nephilim form.

You can test this by going into its script, haunted.txt and seeing if the DEAD_STATE is triggered by putting a message_dialog("Dubug",""); command within it.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00