Retired Heroes???

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Retired Heroes???
Apprentice
Member # 5011
Profile Homepage #0
Anyone have a link for any scenarios for characters over level 35?? ARE there any scenarios?? I hate to retire a great party so early in life....

--------------------
*On a sacred quest to slay the demons in my mind..*

Member: P.D.D.S
...Please don't drink and spam
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
Patience, young one.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Well, you could always try to get Micael to send you the current version of Undead Valley.

Alternatively, you could send them off to fight in the HLPM's Arena.

Or you could play DWtD again.

Or you could wait another... eh... not sure how long... until
Bahssikava comes out.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #3
There was a testing area called Battle Arena which is for 35th level characters. Also, Undead Valley should come out. It is very wacky and a first try at a scenario but there are some interesting pieces. Undead Valley is on version 7.0.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
35 is the minimal level requirement for Canopy.

It will be, if not tougher, more interesting than any other scenario thusfar combat-wise. After all, most of the BoA scenarios out thusfar are coded better than most of Jeff's efforts- and for better or worse, Canopy is rife with wizardry.

It's really close to completion, I just have to wrap things up and send off a beta version.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #5
Don't play my scenario (Edge of Cipirus) if it ever comes out.

There are literally 4 fights. All are 1v1s. I might make them tough, but I doesn't really matter I don't think.

However, my second project (which is in alpha stages currently) is underway. It will have quite a bit more combat and less atmosphere. Look for that in a good 6-7 years.

Bah... let's just go ahead and make this an official announcement! It's my second project for BOA and will chronicle the events of the First Visitation. The player will be but apprenteces to the convoy. It will feature many big names including myself, Karzoth the Demonslayer. He's the main NPC, and you'll be able to watch him (and help him!) kick some demon arse. Eh... other than that... I don't have a name quite yet. I'm going for a slightly lighter tone here, so expect plenty cliches, jokes, and easter eggs. But the story is still real, so don't complain. There... I wasted enough time already.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
Well, if you really don't want to retire the party, write them into a scenario and let them live on forever! Alternatively, you could write them in and have them be killed, be the villains, let them run an inn, etc. Don't know if that helps, but it's something, anyway.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #7
IMAGE(http://www.FreePhotoHost.net/is.php?i=22014&img=mystery_meat.JPG)

Looking forward to Lost Basshikva and Canopy.

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 5011
Profile Homepage #8
Well I am finally working on a scenario of my own....a personal business does sound nice...

Is there a max level on this game for characters?

--------------------
*On a sacred quest to slay the demons in my mind..*

Member: P.D.D.S
...Please don't drink and spam
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #9
255, I'd suppose.

After a certain point, however, you're really not going to level up any more.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
If there is, it's not 255. I have HLPM'd PCs at level 257.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
It appears -- and I could very, very easily be wrong about this -- that the max level is at least 4500. I have no idea why that would be. I used the following code:

while (TRUE)
{award_party_xp(500,get_level(0) + 10); }

EDIT: No, it's even higher than that. I don't think hitting a maximum level will be an issue. :P

[ Monday, September 27, 2004 14:58: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
Why would anyone need a character to exceed god-stats (lvl 250)? Anything that powerful is as close to indestructible as you can get, unless...

Ah, an idea!

How about a scenario for god parties? Maybe something akin to the early fights over Olympus (or the local equivalent). Or would that overload the game...?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
The engine was seriously complaining (giving me negative HP and such) with level 12000 characters. A god party scenario worked decently well in BoE (Sir Psycho Sexy) but given the rather bugged nature of the upper levels of godlike power in BoA, I don't think it would work quite as well.

Besides, HLPM god parties are essentially invulnerable and one-hit virtually anything. Anything strong enough to damage them would have to be doing unblockable damage from a script, which would be no fun to fight, and anything strong enough to take more than one blow would have to have strong resistances to every form of damage, which is also no fun.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
I've actually had some problems with HLPM god-parties using god-weapons. Sometimes their attacks do no damage at all, especially when they inflict Lethal Blows. I think this is because the damage exceeds 32767 and wraps around to negatives.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
Yeah, I've been meaning to fix that, but I'm not exactly sure how. I figured with three attacks per turn and almost complete invulnerability, it didn't really matter.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
I get around it by fighting with my fists. They still do enough damage to kill anything in 1 or 2 hits.

Basically, the only solution is to use less powerful weapons. 1-10+1-10/level will still do several thousand points of damage, but shouldn't risk hitting the cap.

Also, I personally would give the party no-ammo missile weapons rather than crossbows. They don't really need the extra levels of damage from the ammo, and running out of God Bolts is at least a theoretical possibility. :P

[ Monday, September 27, 2004 18:58: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #17
Anyways back to the HLPM idea. Once my party reached level 64, the room for buying stuff stopped working in the HLPM.

There really is no set of items to buy for characters after level 50 in the HLPM. It would be cool to see someone put together a new set of standard items for level 50 60 70 80. This will happen after Canopy and Lost Basshikva are put out.

Also we do need completely new high powered monster sets after level 40. In the HLPM at 40th level the dragons were too easy to wipe out. There should be a creature set of superpowerful monsters level 50, 60, 70, 80. Things like Efreeti Lord, Haakai Master, Altered Null Bug, Dragon Lich, Medusa (like a basilisk with spell casting), etc.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
Uh, Toast, the shops continue to change until level 100. The Arena becomes rather pointless after level 50, because you get level-edited dragons at that point, but the Shopping Area still changes. While it is true that after level 65 no new items are added (I think -- it's been a while), the quantities of items available change. Being able to buy two Jade Halberds is different from being able to buy one, I would think.

I tried to use the default items and creatures as much as possible, just because I figured that would not be unbalancing. Balancing custom items and monsters is tricky, and I wasn't sure I was capable of it. For the next version, I would like to expand the capabilities of the Arena, though.

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #19
re. Jade Halberds - Not if you have a 1 PC party!