A Perfect Forest on Spiderweb

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A Perfect Forest on Spiderweb
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #25
I have found BoA a quite unstable medium to work in, unfortunately. Sometimes things can break for no reason, and not all the time. Kind of frustrating.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4886
Profile #26
I can't find those mirrors, and the two that are around I can't be moved. Did I miss something?

[ Sunday, September 19, 2004 13:21: Message edited by: Kalinging ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #27
Instructions will pop up as time goes on. The first directs you to the machine, go there and you realize you need to destroy it. After that, you realize you need a way to redirect beams, approach the mirrors and they should become mobile. Let me know if you have any trouble.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4493
Profile #28
Well, something's definitely wrong somewhere.
I got all the messages (with characters dropping like flies) and finally managed to move the southwest mirror, but got stuck behind an energy beam and then died.

Now when trying to get through again, I get the messages telling me to move the mirrors, but when I approach the mirrors, nothing happens.

I'm running on a Mac, if it matters.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #29
Did you look at the machine after angering the Spirit first?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5007
Profile Homepage #30
I'm stuck the mines below the lost city. I destroyed the machine, but now can't get out because of the bug mentioned by others (no problem before destroying the machine). I know I'm supposed to use the mirrors to power the teleporter, but can't manage it. Mirror 1 reflects the beam north, so I use the mirror 2 there. But then the mirror 1 reflects the beam east instead of west. I hope this isn't too confused. I'd appreciate any help.

By the way, could the bug be because destroyed walls have height 0?
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #31
quote:
By the way, could the bug be because destroyed walls have height 0?
Yes, that could be it. I coincidentally reproduced the bug while playing around with walls in my own test scenery. I got an identical error message when I had chosen and saved a wallset in the town details window and then forgot to draw it. That's somewhat similar to a crumbled wall that has ceased to exist.

The mirrors:
Place one of them in the southern room and direct the beam to the north. Catch that beam with the other mirror and direct it west, so that it hits the power source.

[ Tuesday, September 21, 2004 13:53: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #32
I thought it was very good, except for twp things...

First of all, the cutscenes. I felt that although they were mostly used very well, a couple seemed to drag on a bit.

Secondly, was the town design. Although dialogue was excellent, the towns seemed a bit "empty".

Nothing major though - I'm already stealing ideas for my scenario!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #33
quote:
crumbled wall
I'm not thinking clearly, obviously. If the crumbled wall were responsible for triggering the bug, you shouldn't be able to use the teleporter. Nevertheless, it does seem to to be connected to walls in some strange way.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Wotan:

I found the lost city very frustrating. Having to go all the way to the southern room to find the second mirror was almost impossible - the only way I managed to get by was being lucky enough to use the mirror to catch the energy sphere in the path of a beam and kill it. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'd have died long before I properly positioned the beams.
Wotan, this is what we in the community like to call "difficulty".
Apprentice
Member # 4493
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by *i:

Did you look at the machine after angering the Spirit first?
Okay, I got this now. I think it's a touch redundant to make your party revisit the machine to say 'yes, you can destroy this if you move the beams somehow' before you can start moving mirrors. It's too much jumping through a hoop for the sake of jumping through a hoop, especially since most players have already been through scenarios that use beams and mirrors, and know how they work. (Doesn't the basic manual mention them too?)

That being said, this is by far the best player-designed scenario out there. Well done!
Apprentice
Member # 5007
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by ef:

quote:
crumbled wall
I'm not thinking clearly, obviously. If the crumbled wall were responsible for triggering the bug, you shouldn't be able to use the teleporter. Nevertheless, it does seem to to be connected to walls in some strange way.

All I can tell you is that I could get out the entrance before I destroyed the machine, but not after. I could get out after using the teleporter.

Thanks for the help.

Pages