Ported scenarios!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Ported scenarios!
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #0
A lot f us have heard about the BoE scenarios,but are either to lazy,or just don't understand the ditor,so we can't play them. I made this for people to post them here. for some reason,i think i'm going to get flamed from this,so,let me just say now that i don't understand the editor!

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
I had to read your post about three times before I figured out what you were saying (or at least I think I figured it out).

There are eight scenarios for BoA currently in existence: Valley of the Dying Things, A Small Rebellion, The Za-Khazi Run, Diplomacy With the Dead, Roses of Reckoning, Babysitting, The Cave of No Return, and Emerald Mountain. The first three (VoDT, ASR, and ZKR) are genuine ports of BoE scenarios, and you have them already: they came with the game. RoR is sort of a port, vaguely, although not really, and it is here, alongside most other scenarios.

No other ports have yet been released. If you want to play BoE scenarios, buy BoE. Most good ones (Alcritas's scenarios, Stareye's scenarios, the Creator's scenarios, Drizzt's scenarios, etc.) will very likely never be ported.

By all means, if you want to make BoA scenarios -- as you suggested over in Tech Support -- make them. Any new, competent scenarios would be welcome. In my own personal opinion, your time would be better spent making your own scenarios rather than porting BoE ones, though.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
I don't think that's what he/she meant.

Well maybe.

Actually I have no clue.

Uh... More scenarios are coming. Just sit tight. Or figure out the English language and read the manual. It really isn't too difficult. If I can do it, I'm sure others can.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
Yes, I believe some of us have heard of BoE scenarios. Dude, it can't be that difficult to port BoE scenarios. It requires a few clicks of the mouse and a BoE scenario file.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #4
Actually, from what I've read on this site, it sounds a lot harder than that if you want it to be playable.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #5
Dude, it is indeed that difficult to port a BoE scenario.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
Trust TM on this one (or me... *should finish up his project*) - porting a scenario is tough work and not really fun at all. >8E
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Garrison:

Yes, I believe some of us have heard of BoE scenarios. Dude, it can't be that difficult to port BoE scenarios. It requires a few clicks of the mouse and a BoE scenario file.
STFU

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #8
Dudes, I am well aware of the difficulty AFTER the porting, but Sam is saying that he can't figure out how to actual port the scenario in the first place.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #9
When you port a scenario, I assume that maybe half of all the special encounters, etc, will need to be reprogrammed due to the different systems. Porting a scenario will not be a commonplace occurance, because it's extremely boring to spend long amounts of time fiddling with a plot that you've already spent a long amount of time with. Porting someone else's scenario is a bad idea, and nearly impossible. Not to mention being extremely boring.

EDIT: The point I'm making is that if you haven't made a BoE scenario, then don't bother. In fact, even if you have made a BoE scenario, don't bother. Just start from scratch on something new and interesting.

[ Friday, August 13, 2004 07:50: Message edited by: Eldiran ]

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #10
I was seriously considering porting WoW, but after trying it, it was too hard for me. Thinking about how people would react made me change my mind, too. ;)

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #11
We need a port of A Little Girl, as a sidenote. Also, perhaps I should port the lost_king trilogy.. It'd be really easy, actually. Just a few clicks in the editor. It's not like taking out some things would make the scenarios worse. ^_________^

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]