Emerald Mountain is Released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Emerald Mountain is Released!
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #25
In the other ending, you just go get some sleep and not wander into the chief's house, slaughter him, and scheit. Also, you'll have to live the rest of your life knowing that he beat you, and there's nothing you can do about it anymore.

Oh, yeah, spoilers above.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #26
Eee, ignore this post. Answered own question.

[ Thursday, August 12, 2004 18:29: Message edited by: Ignorantly Jonnie ]

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Apprentice
Member # 4853
Profile #27
This was really the best out of the user-made scenarios so far in that the story was engaging, albeit short, and things pretty much fell into place well. A few moments were challenging even though my party is in their 30s level-wise.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something I did wrong, but when my party woke up at night and obtained permission to consult Barbarus, the guard let them in but Barbarus himself was not in the room--so I couldn't get the other ending and had to go back to bed. Thoughts?
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #28
I believe you did something wrong - I consulted Barbarus earlier in the game.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #29
Leon: The same thing happened to me, but it doesnt stop you from achieving either ending.

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #30
This'll be fixed in v1.1. I also have a few other things I want to change before then, so I'll probably end up doing an update.
If you find anything else, just let me know.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #31
So yeah, TM forgot to mention the skill trainer added in the release version to me. That'll teach me for not checking.

Skill Trainers (updated with EM, now)
Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #32
Truly a very easy game. Finished it under 45 minutes. Honest :D

My party consisted of level 30 to 32 members.

James

[ Sunday, August 15, 2004 20:47: Message edited by: The Real Dragon King ]

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #33
I don't understand how everyone is finding it so difficult that they need to use level 30+ partys. I finished it with a party started at levels 16-18 that had just come out of a small rebellion and it still was fairly easy.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
I played it with a level 15 party (made using my HLPM, of course). I really didn't have too many troubles. I had to use more varied spells than just Bless and Haste, obviously. I found Capture Mind and Simulacrum very useful here. Some of the goblins were immune, but since they always came grouped together with others that weren't, I could always get enough on my side that I did fine.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
I had considerable difficulty with the goblins, mainly because I couldn't get a hit rate of better than 5% against the Goblin Assassins. Now that I actually know how to build a party that can hit the broad side of a barn, I might build another one up to level 15 and try again.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 3575
Profile #36
I don't thank anyon asked this before but, is there a way to beat that Grim Reaper looking enemy that is on the bottom level of the Goblin Fortess. I allmost lost all my items till I thought of a idea to get them back off the ground.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #37
No. I kept trying to kill it with my god party, couldn't, asked if it was possible, was told to read the Read Me, realized I had forgotten to, and felt silly.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #38
Ok., here my review about EM:

The story actually starts, when the party stumbles over Wihcaser's body. Before that, it is a serial row of shortcuts and dialogues; the player is strongly guided into directions and cannot choose his path. Tedious. The whole prologue is nice to see once or twice, but it is no gameplay, just to collect information.
I would have put e.g., some monsters into the Aqua Gem-cave, or built some puzzles around the Holy Mound. Or I would have told the whole prologue in one text window and begin the game with the talk to Ligcan. Nevertheless, the shortcut with Wihcaser is great.

A small mistake in Licgan's first talk: it says "Wihsacer" instead of Wihcaser.

Why are most of your lockers, chests and barrels empty? Was the same in RoR: no surprises for curious adventurers ;_;

There is a village and the entrance to a cave without opportunity to enter. Why?

I missed a healer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the smith' dialogue could be the option to switch between buy / identify - now you have to start talk again. The smith also sells only crude and iron arrows - not very equalized to the power of the foes. Also there are neither potions nor herbs in the whole scenario.

I liked the shocking effect when Wihcaser's body pops up (and later the gem). Although ... Wihcaser "has slice marks all over his body" says the text window - and what we see is a beautiful, unhurt body ^_^ ... kind of theatrical refinement.

I loved the fights and the strong enemies (yay for Corrosive Slimes!). You implemented a lot of improved monsters - the party needs strategy to defeat them. And Lyfan ... um ...would be nice, if that steam power turbine you describe (and we can see) could be deactivated. To leave Lyfan alive is like an unfinished quest.
The timid goblin is cute.

The veneered stone wall in the Goblins' Village is funny (... and puzzled me awful ^_^)

A small (aesthetical) flaw: Barbarus puts the Aqua Gem not in the middle of the pedestal. Wouldn't it be beneath a priests dignity to bungle? (nice shortcut, btw)

The last fight with Licgan is a gripping challenge. I specially like his last words.

You have a talent for high tension but you are lazy with loving details.
I would say: EM is a straight one way street with thrilling fights, delightful rewards and a nice town design.
Thank you for Emerald Mountain TM!

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #39
That feels like it belongs here.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #40
Make a sequel. Please.

At least to tie up the Lyfan loose end.
Agent
Member # 1993