Need some ideas

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Need some ideas
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #0
Guys I need some help. In the part of the scenario I am designing the party suddenly finds an abandoned magical laboratory, it's not a big one, so I would like to ask you what kind of hazards can the party find in this place? I'm running out of ideas.

I don't know if this helps, but the laboratory is divided in two halfs by a natural chasm with a river in the bottom.

PD: I would also like to place a Manticore in it, but there aren't any manticore graphics yet and I am very bad at making graphics. :(

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
Hazards: Toxic waste overflows. Experiments gone bad (mutated chitraches).

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #2
More Hazards: Potions the party can pick up DISGUISED as healing potions, but do bad things...
Evil Enities: A person appearing and vanishing after taunting you, which is in fact an expiriment gone wrong. He will soon, attack you.
More Hazards: You can fall off the floor :P no just joking...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #3
How about...

A magical orb that was damaged by no maintenance for several years. When used, it would explode and summon horrors that are more terrifying than you could imagine.

"RRRUUUUUUNNN! THE ORB SUMMONED SOME GIANT INTELLIGENT FRIENDLY TALKING SPIDERS!"

"Hi! You're neat!"

"AAAGGGHHH! Go on without me! Save yourselves!"

"Hi! My name is Spider!"

"AAAHHHHH! THAT THING JUST KILLED JASON! RUN EVEN FASTER! Wait...THEY WON'T LEAVE US ALONE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Or runes that summon beasts(Of the hostile variety) whenever you try to pass. Those are REALLY annoying!

Or the laboratory employees who have gone mad with power!

"I am not crazy...EVERYONE ELSE IS CRAZY! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME!"

"All I did was approach you..."

"THAT'S THE LAST STRAW!" BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #4
1) Explosive runes in books.
2) Items which when you look at them they produce monsters.
3) Cursed items.
4) Toxic stuff.
5) Stuff which turns the floors to lava.
6) Quickfire traps.
7) Damaging barriers.
8) Recipes for potions, recipes for spells.
9) Item altering platforms
10) Locked chests with monsters in them.
11) Dissection areas-- blade barrier.
12) Freezers -- cold damage.
13) Containment cells for deadly beasts.-- poisonous items-- uranium was available in avernum once.
14) Forges for working magical rings, necklaces, etc.
15) Potion ingredient gardens-- with monsters roaming in them.
etc., etc.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #5
A courtyard with fountains that, instead of water, have potions.

Example(feel free to change it around as much as you want):

When you drink from foutain 1, it has the same effect as drinking a Healing Elixir.

When you drink from fountain 2, it has the same effect as drinking a Searing Balm.

When you drink from fountain 3, it has the same effect as drinking an Energy Elixir

When you drink from fountain 4, it has the same effect as drinking an Invulnerability Potion

When you drink from fountain 5, it has the same effect as drinking a Poison Potion.

etc., etc.

~EDIT~

Oh, and I HATE Monster Generators(sp?). Just so you know.

[ Friday, July 30, 2004 19:16: Message edited by: Pig Catapult ]

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #6
Spots that do seemingly random things, but there is some logic to them. For example, some experiments hurt you while others heal you, and some interesting delayed affects. In such a mixed up place, a player will be tempted to save right after each stroke of good luck, so making a good encounter spawn monsters a little later will keep them on their toes.

But for God's sake don't annoy the player with too many of these frustrating encounters. The last thing I'd want to do is travel through a labratory where everything explodes, gives random health, spawns creatures, dissects you, then freezes you, and the walls change every other turn. Maybe if half of the dungeon is crazy while the other half has some demented, though still intelligible and perhaps friendly, scientists.

[ Friday, July 30, 2004 19:19: Message edited by: Keep ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Apprentice
Member # 4812
Profile #7
this probartly isn't possible, but it would be cool if the party was transformed, temporarily, into rats, and then they had to run around for a bit before they found a cure..

--------------------
If you believe in yourself, drink your school, stay in drugs, and don't do milk - you can get work!