Favorite Scenario

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Favorite Scenario
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #0
What's your favorite scenario(only the ones that came with the game). This is just a random curiosity thing.
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #1
ASR.
Probably enjoyed ZKR more than most, but had to cheat with the days to do everything. Which is kind of counter-productive.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #2
DwtD

I played it more than three times.

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #3
ASR, no discussion about that.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
ASR, by plot.

Although I have to say, maybe VoDT by gameplay. It had promise, even though the plot died a miserable death when it failed to develop as you search the abandoned school.

ZKR was fun if you ignore the premise entirely (time limit? Bah!) but that's probably a BAD thing.

And in all honesty, I haven't finished DWtD. It seems decent, but it's just boring. The concept of a 12-town scen with three paths is a bit worrisome, though -- this thing must be almost as short as ACoNR.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #5
Why cant I view the results of this poll without voting?!? Whats going to influence my desiscion?
'Oh, I like VoDT, but most people said DwtD, so I will vote DwtD' /sarcasm.
I wish people would think twice before checking off that thing in the voting thing.
Apprentice
Member # 4531
Profile #6
DwtD, because it has both a good plot and good gameplay. ASR is enjoyable for the plot, but the actual dungeons got tedious at points. With DWTD, I challenge anyone to get to Vahkhos's castle and not be sucked in until they finish the scenario. And on a side note, DwtD addresses the issue of pollution much better than VoDT, even though I doubt that's what Jeff even had in mind. And it manages to work in the same "end justifies the means" moral dilemma as ASR and makes it more complex to boot.
Also, I don't get why everyone slams on ZKR. VoDT was much worse. Once you understand that there will be no coherent plot, character development, or moral dilemmas, you can just sit back and enjoy the fun. And a lot of people seem to enjoy killing Koth too.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
I wasn't impressed with DwtD in the slightest. A few interesting AI tricks- woo, monsters appear and follow you! How special.

The "twist" was basically portrayed from the beginning, why Maynard even bothered lying was a mystery to me. Neither of the two characters were interesting much, and the scenario was almost offensive at points. Better than ZKR, but... ...that's about it.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #8
Also, TM, in DwtD why couldn't I do something to tarnish that Lord's name? I could do his bidding, get rid of the vampire. Fine. Or do the vampire's bidding and get rid of the lord. Fine. And if I criticized the lord too much got the entire town against me and had to kill them all. Fine, happy to oblige. But whay not the fourth, seems to me logical point, say enough things to actually get people to, by their own accord, get rid of that pesky lord.
Agh.
I still enjoyed it, though. I enjoyed all four. I'm a wuss and like anything with the that freaky spider in the title screen.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #9
ASR.

I haven't played it (just bought BoA, haven't gotten the code yet), but it was my favorite of BoE, so I picked it.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
You can kill both the Vampire and Maynard, although it's a pain in the ass.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #11
I got to Vahkohs' castle and did not feel sucked in. But probably I'm just spoiled by years of fantastic BoE scenarios.

I pick Small Rebellion, though I think the BoA version is quite inferior to the original. Most of the changes/additions hurt the scenario more than they helped it, and BoA just doesn't seem to be as suited to creating a good atmosphere. But it's still the best, through lack of serious competition.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #12
begintalknode 12;
state = -1;
nextstate = -1;
question = "Favourite scenario?";
text1 = "_My favourite has to be ASR. DwtD was like a game I'd played previosly (The Nights Chill), and TZKR sucked major._"

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?