Hill Runners song

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hill Runners song
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #0
Hi, all I do all day is make music. I play a ridiculous range of instruments, and have a pretty nice studio set up in my apartment. Recently, I challenged myself to doing an Album-a-Day, which is basically what it sounds like.

As I was writing one of the songs, I noticed the story I was weaving was reasonably similar to that of A Small Rebellion. So, I ran with it.

I give you: Hill Runners.

Now, remember that the song was one of 7 others done in a day, so the quality of the work is not up to my usual standards, but I think it's still pretty cool.

Note: I am more than willing to help anyone out with music or audio questions, related to BoA or not. I also might be willing to write a song for you. I've written a song for my friend's Counter-Strike team, Goose Troop, and I could probably write one for you, if you ask nicely/I'm in the mood.

Any feedback on the Hill Runners song, or the Album-a-Day in general is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--------------------
Drunken Music from The Sober Irishman

***I beta-tested Blades of Avernum and you didn't***
Apprentice
Member # 4483
Profile #1
Hmmm...not bad not bad. Nice tune and I quite like how the music feels with the Irish accent. Definately if I ever need music for a BoA mod you'll be one of the people I'd contact.

Keep up the good work,
Total Flappish

--------------------
"Sport is for people who dont know how to GAME!!!!" Quote Mungo the Great and Moose
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
Nice!

I wonder - could you make a midi file with Demon-Like music for me? Please? Is it possible?

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #3
You've never seen my MIDI collection. Do you have AIM? I could probably send you a suitable midi.

(I don't make MIDIs, though. I just collect them.)

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Shining Lightbulb:

You've never seen my MIDI collection. Do you have AIM? I could probably send you a suitable midi.

(I don't make MIDIs, though. I just collect them.)

I've got AIM. And absolutely NO-ONE I know knows how to make a midi. It's just that any other sound file is HUGE. But I suppose if you have a Daemonic sounding music file you could send it to me. It might be what I'm looking for.

- Magic and technology are NOT a good match

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #5
I haev my Cubase SX, my Roland and my tiny-tiny mixxxr here and I'ma perfectly able to maek midi, yea!

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
I believe this was what you were looking for:

Hill Runners' Song

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #7
Give me your AIM then :P
Or AIM me - AIM UWHugo.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #8
As much as I detest MIDI now, I have a pretty large body of MIDI work, found here.

You might be interested in Roots of Rythym. I am still able to do MIDI, although it's more cumbersome and not as fun as working with real audio. If you really want, I suppose I could whip something up for you.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #9
Just send an attachment via email. My Email is

Micael456@aol.com

Thanks. If possible I'll try to use a suitable sound file - but I haven't quite figured out how to put in custom sounds (for towns). I'll just have to ask in the Editor Forum.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #10
Sober Irishman, just out of curiosity, what are the intruments you play the most?

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #11
If you're talking about what I play the most in my free time, I only just got my mandolin, so I'm playing that quite a bit. It's a great instrument, it looks beautiful, and the best part is that no one else knows how to play it. That's extra-impressive.

For recording purposes, I use a lot of guitar, of course. I recently started using more piano, because I've worked out better ways of recording it.

As for supplying all you scenario makers with custom music and sound files, I suppose I might be up for that. First thing you have to do, though, is find out how to implement custom sound files into your scenario. Tell me if it calls for .mid, .mp3, .wav, or whatever. MIDI (.mid) files are very small, which will result in your file size being quite small. Mp3 files are of reasonable size, but its functionality in most programs today is very limited. .Wav files are the most common in games today. Virtually any program out there can, and does, use .wavs. Also, the quality you get with a .wav is greater than .mid or mp3. The only drawback is file size. .Wav's are the largest means of storing sound by far.

So, the question is: Do you want cheesy MIDI music with little size, or high-quality .wav's that make your project huge? Mp3's are almost certainly out of the question for BoA. I seriously doubt that Vogel put an mp3 player in there. The starting music, as with every other sound in the game, is most likely .wav. I'll wager that the sound files in BoA account for at least 1/3 of the download size. Just a guess.

Anyway, get more specific with what you want. I'm not just gonna start spouting out free music, especially if it's not gonna get used.

--------------------

BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #12
As a general warning, people tend to plan far more scenarios than they actually make. If you want to see your music get used, wait till the scenarios are in beta (this is, of course, assuming someone can find a way to implement music). Then the author can send you a copy of the scenario and you can play it to see what kind of feel would be good, plus you know it's going to get released.

EDIT: Just got it to work. It sounds fine, but kinda... inappropriate for the Hill Runners. I'd have expected something much more angry sounding.

[ Monday, July 12, 2004 17:06: Message edited by: The Creator ]

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #13
Well, as someone who's ideology runs with the Hill Runners, I thought I'd make a nice song.

Editors: find out about custom sounds!

--------------------

BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by The Sober Irishman:

[QB]Well, as someone who's ideology runs with the Hill Runners...[QB]
Not completely, I hope? :P

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #15
I just thought of a much more appropriate song for the Hill Runners. It's called Young Ned of the Hill, by The Pogues. The Pogues is my favorite band, and that song is one of their best. I have yet to cover it, but until then, you should be able to find it on any p2p software. Trust me, it is worth the trouble.

--------------------