Babysitting: Translocation of Wands

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Babysitting: Translocation of Wands
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #0
:( I'm disappointed. I went through BS with a high level party - only to pick up the three special wands. I didn't use them, finished the quest and saved the party.
But I cannot take the Wands of Polymorp, Translocation and Life Drain to another scenario! They disappear. Why?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #1
They use scenario script states, don't they? You can't take that sort of item out of a scenario.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #2
:( :( Ay, I feared that. Too bad, they are fantastic devices.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #3
This wands will be way too powerfull in another scenario!
I really like them, original, funny, powerfull...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #4
Even if it was possible to take them with you to another scenario, I would go out of my way to stop you from taking along translocation and polymorph. Taking those would cause far too many problems, even if they did work.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #5
Hate to revive a semi-dead topic, but how on earth do you use these wands? Ive tried everything to no avail...

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #6
Check the items in the inventory:there is a small "use" icon, a storm, if I remember well.
Click on it, and then, click on a foe.
The wand of polymorph change a creature in a lower level creature, the drain life wand...drain some life to a foe, and gives you some health, and the translocation one exchange one of your caracter's location with a foe's location...
The boss is immune to the wand of polymorph, for what I know...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #7
Also they won't work on the two bosses... just the lackeys. It took me several clicks of file->restore to figure this out. Those guys are tough!

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
Actually (unless something changed from the beta), only the Polymorph wand doesn't work on the two bosses. You can blast them with the other two all you want- and then, off to rescue Lord Ashton!

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #9
Now you have brought him up..... Any rewards from anyone to do anything with him?

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #10
Nope. The adventuring life isn't ALWAYS great.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #11
It was nice to not have any reward ('xcuse me for this stupid sentence)!
Between two adventures, I write some text about my caracters, and try to make them more "alive", to see how they relations change, and stuff, give them some background.
After this scenario, I've changed my ideas about being adventurer.Now, in my group, the mage is too powerlust, and try to be the leader of the group.The warrior is depressed, bathing in the blood of some poor brigand, and the priest, who have a healer vocation, feel too bad about casting cloud of blades on a giant, who's just a stupid (but not really bad) creature...
Not having any reward in a scenario is a nice way to makes you think about the adventurer's life! :)

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #12
STRICTLY speaking, if you start the scenario with a new party you are not really adventurers. I mean, your living at home, and if your lvl 1 it is fair to assume you havent done mutch adventuring.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #13
True!
I don't know:do you choose to be an adventurer, or is it like a curse?
I mean, your levels 1 caracters doesn't have anything specific to make them adventurers.But after some minutes of playing, they gain a lot of strengh and continue killing monsters, waiting for rewards...After the first scenario, they continue searching for dangerous missions, asking for more and more power.
Is it 'cause they really like adventures, or 'cause they're lust of power is more important than the sweet smell of home, or just 'cause they cannot control the specific sensation of earning respect, gold, etc...
Do you born adventurer, or do you become one?

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #14
They start with 65 skill points (assuming Custom). Where did they get these skill points? Townspeople would be much more powerful if they had them. I think your party has been training to be adventurers, or something like that.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #15
Thats wht is says at the ebginning of VoDT. But it sounds kinda stupid. If you had enough money to enroll in a school you would be able to afford better equipment, and you wouldnt have to adventure for money. Also why wpuld there be schools for adventuring, when (i guess) it has the highest mortality rate of all professions. Maybe you just work out. Someone who hoes the fields all day is going to be well built, and if your dad is a mage he is bound to have (genetically) passed on some of his intelligence. If your mum was a cleric she would teach you some simple spells, and how to make potions.

On second thought, this is just a game so why am i bothering?

--------------------