The Wisp in the Library

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Wisp in the Library
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #0
How do you kill that annoying Wisp in the library that summons shades everytime it sees you? I got it down to pretty low health, but then it gets "mad" and summons vengeful shades and then the tables turn quite quickly.

Any good strategies for eliminating this condescending hostile bookkeeper?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #1
You really don't need to kill it, just stay as far away from it as possible, preferably staying out of the hallways if you can. Killing it might be an option but I'm not sure on how to do it strategically.

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #2
It takes a loooong time to kill it. The wisp has a lot of health to wear down. I recommend summoning some things to distract the shades it calls, and just beat it to death.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #3
Hmm never gotten that far, but thanks for the tip. Though i think ill stick to my way of things....

EAT ARROWS

EAT SWORD!

EAT SMITE!

EAT FIREBALL!!!

My strategy for everything that tries to kill me.. Though sometimes i hafta heal :)

--------------------
I am the swordsman that lets none escape! I am the blade the slices through stone plates! I am Kagurati!

Come check out my forums! Always improving! Gamer's Tech Zone. By Gamers, for gamers.
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Kagurati_Tian:

Hmm never gotten that far, but thanks for the tip. Though i think ill stick to my way of things....

EAT ARROWS

EAT SWORD!

EAT SMITE!

EAT FIREBALL!!!

My strategy for everything that tries to kill me.. Though sometimes i hafta heal :)

Works for me too. ^.^

*encounters monsters* Hello, and how may smite you this evening? *kills them all with Devine Fire before they time to react* :P

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #5
thats the way i kill any thing.but that wisp is a toughie. and there isnt an need to kill the book keeper .

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #6
I finally killed it! I stocked up on a few potions and scrolls (mainly of slow and summon spells) and the shades couldn't do much as I massacred their creator! Then I ran away because they keep attacking.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #7
I didnt find i that hard. Bolt of fires, smites and the good ole' sword and spear killed him in about 5 turns. Any idea why it drops a fur? Ive noticed all the wisps (in the tinned scenarios) drop furs. Wierd no?

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #8
WHAT? How can you kill something with ~1500 HP and 100 armor with a
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #9
[quote=Keep]
WHAT? How can you kill something with ~1500 HP and 100 armor [b]with a
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #10
The wisps in ZKR don't necessarily drop furs. I diced one of them in the Blood Glee Clan test, and it didn't drop anything.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #11
I dont remeber my party level but ive only played VoDT through once, and it was my first sceantio, so i couldnt have been too high. Heroic brews and blessings may be the answer. But im pretyy sure i didnt find it that hard.

Oh a btw, i dont use the scenario editor to edit stats or add exp.

Edit: Well if they drop somthing at all, its a fur.

[ Saturday, July 10, 2004 04:41: Message edited by: Angry Ogre ]

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Apprentice
Member # 4811
Profile #12
Killing the wisp in the library is tottaly unessicary. It just floats around and will summon a shade every now and then. If you can't take out a couple weak shades how do you expect to take out the wisp?? Some things are better left untouched. IF you must kill it just come back later when your party exp is up a lil further. It always helps to be alot tougher than your enemy. That way it takes less effort.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #13
Must you dredge up long dead topics? As an update, I successfully completed killing both the Wisp and the Golem with a lower level party. But I did have to use the spells *shudder* Simulacrum and Enduring Barrier.

--------------------
====
====
Apprentice
Member # 4743
Profile #14
well i did the first scenario like 4 times so my guys are like lvl 35. my spear guy does an average of 225 dmg per hit and he can hit twice a turn. then i go to my archer he does about 150 and can go twice also then i just keep blessing and hasting so i do more and more dmg. not that hard:)

--------------------
meow