Hostile Tallking Spiders

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hostile Tallking Spiders
Apprentice
Member # 4546
Profile #0
Ok, so I knew it was a mistake to go on a talking spider killing spree, especially when the software company's name is Spiderweb! I now find that I need the Chief Spider to tell me where the Opening Stone is. Actually, I know where the stone should be but when I look there, I can't find it. Do I have any option other than restarting the scenario?

--------------------
Non compos mentis!
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
Character Editor, Load File, Reset Towns.

Problem solved.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #2
Why are there so many players out there who instantly go berserk upon encountering the friendly talking spiders? I think they're great fun and I always look forward to encountering them in each of Jeff's games.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

Why are there so many players out there who instantly go berserk upon encountering the friendly talking spiders? I think they're great fun and I always look forward to encountering them in each of Jeff's games.
Youre a nutter. they really annoy me sometimes. "You're cute, your cute, your cute."
"I'm called spider, I'm called spider, I'm called spider." You'd think that for INTELLIGENT Giant spiders they would actually be like, INTELLIGENT, and not repeat themselves all of the time.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #4
At least they're smarter than some people I know.

Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders - all you have to remove is the "talking" part and voila!

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Apprentice
Member # 4546
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

Honestly, I'm not usually one of those players that likes to go on a killing spree, but I was stuck, desperate, and wanted to explore areas that I hadn't yet. My mistake was saving over my pre-attack spider file. DIE YOU ARACHNID SCUM! Ooops, maybe I am latently hostile to spiders. ;)

--------------------
Non compos mentis!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #6
Icshi, you got a new custom name?

( )
:) Congratulation`
_?? _________??

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

Icshi, you got a new custom name?

( )
:) Congratulation`
_?? _________??

Thank you very much! I'm really enjoying having it...

Back on topic: I think it's absolutely hilarious that they're all called Spider and think humans are cute. It's a simple joke, repeated in each game, but it never fails to make me laugh.

Hey, I wonder if Jeff's going to include some GIFTS in Geneforge 3? Maybe that's what Easss was working on behind the sealed door? The ultimate irritating creature to pester the Shapers into submission! :P
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #8
I love the spiders. I think they are cute and neat! (haha)

well seriously i like them and would never kill them. Strange that anyone would
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #9
I'm not much of a spider person, but I loved these spiders, especially the baby spider who go tangled up in his own webbing when trying to pounce, that was funny! And the guard was cool, also, when we I didn't know the password and tried to trick him into telling me. So they're in the other games as well? Cool :)

--------------------
Visit my site!
www.freewebs.com/helaine/
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #10
The happy spiders are cool. I was thinking of a scenerio where the aranea capture some of the friendly spiders in an attempt to crossbreed and make unfriendly, spellcasting, evil, talking spiders. But I could come uup with an abreviation as neat as GIFTS. Talking bees would be cool also, then the worker bees could complain about how they have to work thier stingers off collecting pollen and making honey while all the drones do is sit around eating said honey and courting the queen.
Apprentice
Member # 4594
Profile #11
This message may be old but when i seen the talking spiders i killed one of them and another, and another......until they were all dead so i came outside and used reset towns and it still repeated everytime you moved "Oops. You killed the Spider Cheif use the Editor to bring him back !" Is it another bug or just im reseting towns wrong? :confused:
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Shizzits:

This message may be old but when i seen the talking spiders i killed one of them and another, and another......until they were all dead so i came outside and used reset towns and it still repeated everytime you moved "Oops. You killed the Spider Cheif use the Editor to bring him back !" Is it another bug or just im reseting towns wrong? :confused:
My guess is that some flag was probably set when you killed the spider chief. Just like in the small rebellion scenerio when you destroy the Empire base all the empire towns will become mad at you and stay that way even after you reset hostile towns. You could try mucking about with the SDFs, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #13
Probably the easiest way to get out of that mess is to just edit the scenario. Maybe put in a second Chief Spider who doesn't have the death SDF attached to him or something. :) Or you could just make the scenario give you the item that you need.

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #14
To edit your way out of this mess, see here:
Oops...

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done