BoA and Music

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoA and Music
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #0
Not going to happen. Too much for Jeff too code, and people can use an MP3 player or WinAmp for music.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
I think TM has provided a midi file to be played as the music for one of his BoE scenarios. I forget which one, though.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #3
Just include MP3s with your scenarios, if you really want music...

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
Frah- what no

MP3s would take a heinously long ammount of time to download.

Khoth- I had two in Echoes, and one for Echoes: Assault.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Well, Echoes and Echoes: Assault are defined by mind-numbingly difficult combat and constant running around trying to stay alive, respectively. Therefore, songs of mind-numbing repetition and fast paced music (respectively) are appropriate.

Beware the Echoes.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #7
It's a nice idea, Aruneko, but I doubt it'll happen. A more successful strategy might be to recommend various pieces of music, and then give links to sites where you can download midis/MP3s of them.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #8
What about the background music (or at least sound) that was in A3. I wonder to what extent that will be implementable in BoA. Will we be able to customise it? (I doubt it), or will we just be able to choose between the built in ones? If its the latter, then designers could always include a sound file (optionally) with their scenarios, and just give instructions on how to install it. Even better would be if some clever programmer could just make an app which will install music into BoA (by editing the main resource file on macs, but I have no idea how on PCs). Ill have to try replacing the sounds in Avernum to see if something like that would work.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote