Hill Runners

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hill Runners
Apprentice
Member # 4152
Profile #0
Should i join them? I feel that i should, but what will happen, if I betray empire? Empire is always evil but I'm working for it. So what will happen if I join those rebels?

--------------------
avavavavavavavavavavavava
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #1
Just play through the game, man. Go ahead, join the Hill Runners. That's what I did. If you're really curious, play through the scenario again and stick with the Empire. It doesn't matter.

--------------------
Drunken Music from The Sober Irishman

***I beta-tested Blades of Avernum and you didn't***
Apprentice
Member # 4500
Profile Homepage #2
If you betray the Empire, they'll get mad at you. If you betray the Hillrunners, THEY'LL get mad at you. Somebody's going to get mad at you no matter what you do, so join whoever you like. :D

I prefer the rebels, myself.

Mac
Apprentice
Member # 4494
Profile #3
The option remains to try to walk the tightrope with your allegiance. I think that the best finish for Small Rebellion was siding with the empire, defeating the Hill Runners, then backstabbing the Empire at the end -- leaves things both embroiled and balanced, and it left my conscience clear!

Good luck!

--------------------
--If you lived here, you'd be home by now--
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
Gooooooo Hill Runners!

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
What WW said is correct, though you don't get such an opportunity for neutrality if you play the Hill Runner path.

[ Thursday, June 10, 2004 11:45: Message edited by: Imban ]
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #6
How do you backstab the Empire at the end?

I couldn't stand the Hill Runners, cause they were way to sick for my taste.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #7
Like, yeah. Glaring spoilers are a'following.

Jaen comes out to talk to you personally after you've completed the final quest on the Empire path. If you stab him in the face then, you get a message to the effect of your having effectively removed both the current Imperial and rebel forces from the island, which may or may not turn out to be a good thing.

[ Thursday, June 10, 2004 13:42: Message edited by: Imban ]
Apprentice
Member # 4437
Profile #8
when i played the first time I was going to join the rebillon right away but then I never found a goor reason, the writer did not do a very good job making the player feel like they needed to join the hillrunners side.

but the hillrunners side of the story was boring. :rolleyes:

--------------------
"Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects."
-- Roger Zelazny (1937-95),
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
I'd say the fact that some people claim there's no good reason to help the Empire and others claim there's no good reason to help the Hill Runners means that Jeff did a pretty good job.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #10
I think about it this way. I'm an Imperial agent. The Empire might be full of idiots, but I'd rather not piss them off, since they're the ones paying me.
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #11

Do you people not see ANY historical relevance in this story? The Empire is Imperialist England. The Hill Runners are Ireland, India, Africa, etc.

Come on, guys. That was an easy one.

--------------------
Drunken Music from The Sober Irishman

***I beta-tested Blades of Avernum and you didn't***
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
Analogies are for the lazy.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #13
The Empire can't be any imperialist country? Interesting.
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #14
i can't decide. I'm really angry about the way the Empire treats people in general, especially the serfs. I mean, half-starving people to death? Just so that others can be rich? Hmm..but then the Hill Runners are cruel too. But..I wish I could hear more justification for their story. I might stick with the Empire.
Apprentice
Member # 3191
Profile #15
I was going to start asking whether either side gets particularly better before I joined one but it looks like it doesnt.

Frankly, both sides look pretty bad to me. On one side, you have the rebels who will likely do the same thing (if not worse) as the Empire if theyre in control. On the other side, you have the Empire treating the people like dirt.

Still...... I might just join the Empire. Things *should* get better under Empress Prazac =P

If joining a side equates to condoning its actions, Its a flip between condoning human rights violation, or war crimes. Such is the way of the world - a hundred shades of grey.
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #16
hehe, well I wound up joining the rebels. It was fun, but the drawback is that you can't do any mini-quests or explore since you get killed no matter where you go (by the empire)
Apprentice
Member # 4535
Profile #17
There is the quest for the 'news scroll' guy, but its not really a side quest as the hill runners send you there anyways. I didn't really feel the difference of not being able to enter the empire's towns. The scenerio goes by too quickly once you choose a side.