Screenshots from the game..

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Screenshots from the game..
Warrior
Member # 3376
Profile #0
hi there.. sorry if this has been posted, as a PC user, i am eagerly waiting for its release, in the meantime, i would appreciate it if any kind soul out there point me to a link or fan sites showing the screenshots of the game... i would love to see the game...

thanks a lot.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
This is a good site :P
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #2
As is this...

...Although some downloading may be required.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Warrior
Member # 3376
Profile #3
**smack head** silly me there is screenshots on the main page...

hmm.. i see the background is similiar to avernum 3.. i played avernum 3 for a while, but didn't play for long as i find the screen a bit too small on my pc.

thanks!!
Warrior
Member # 3376
Profile #4
Sorry, one more thing. when exactly is summer?
Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #5
quote:
Sorry, one more thing. when exactly is summer?
Well, for SW, its between October to December :cool: :P

[Just having a little fun...waiting...]

James

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I think the latest estimates on Win-BoA were for July. Or possibly August.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #7
*Looks at her calendar*

Last essay for semester 1 due on 21st June. First lectures for semester 2 on 27th July.

I'm hoping it comes out somewhere in between those dates (preferably earlier rather than later) so that it won't distract me from my essay and I can have a decent play with it before the second semester starts.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #8
Find a mac and download the mac demo, won't look that different to the windows one when it comes out...heheh

jk, but really, I would guess its built on Avernum 3, with some cool noticable changes, and ones you wouldn't notice. just ask some of the mac users to take some cool screenshots in-game for you, I don't think thats illegal...

Spoiler alert:

**********************************************************************, those are the best changes.

they shouldn't have ***********a*******
and******but*********and the********.

damn....NDA...gets you every time.

but be happy, compared to shelf games that get put back for months, even years on end, SW can't put a game back for too long, cause we would all revolt and stage a takeover of the company.

--------------------
I may come across sounding more official then I actually am. Or not.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
Well, since the game is already released, I don't think the NDA has much use for you.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #10
The PC testers probably had to sign more or less the same NDA as the Mac ones, though. Thus, even if everyone knew every story, the testers still couldn't talk about it.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #11
My thoughts exactly Man, it is still a somewhat legal binding. Even so, its more down to a matter of trust. I shouldn't (and don't) go and tell people about something that they don't have yet (in relation to betas). In the case of the windows version of BoA, I would be breaking my word to Jeff by discussing the windows version with any windows user, on the chance that they may buy the game. Jeff has put a game into my hands, an almost complete stranger's hands, and trusts that i unconditionally don't release information about that game.

I thought people understood all that...

I mean yes, the game is already out for macs, and the game will hardly change between versions, but i just won't do it...

>Edit: Sorry Drakeyfyre, didn't respond directly to your statement.
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Well, since the game is already released, I don't think the NDA has much use for you.
um, right. Only the Mac version has been released. The Windows version has yet to be released. Thus, any information about the windows version that i reveal - even if it is the same as the Mac version - is still from the Windows version. should i be treating the mac and win versions of the game as the same? maybe after both games have been released, but for the purposes of beta testing I treat it as its own, individual, unique game. or were you jesting, it is so hard to tell when you are...>

If anyone wants info on the game before it comes out for windows, just ask a mac user. they'll be the ones poking fun at the windows users who haven't got the latest game. should be more of them on the boards then pc users anyways.

[ Friday, May 28, 2004 14:19: Message edited by: fallen_avatar ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
And now that we find out that the Windows version will be out next week, I imagine that it's not so bad for the poor Windows users to wait.

EDIT: And I'm guessing that a bunch of us didn't know about any NDAs signed by beta testers. I sure didn't.

[ Friday, May 28, 2004 14:12: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #13
ok, I'll keep in mind that many people may not know about the NDAs. I mean the only people who would know about them are testers and jeff doesn't need that many for each game.

yeah, cool, the game's coming out in a weeks time...I'd be happy but i'm too busy and I've already played the game to death...

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #14
NDAs are a pretty standard required piece for people testing shareware. If you disclose the details you lose a lot of buzz because people aren't talkiing about what'll be in the game.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 4296
Profile #15
What the heck is NDA???!!!

--------------------
I, Grah-Hoth, will rule both in Avernum and on the surface.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #16
Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Apparently beta testers have to sign an agreement that says that they won't tell anyone anything about the game they're testing.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 734
Profile #17
Non-Disclosure Agreement

Or something like that. An agreement not to give out details of the beta versions

Edit: sorry I didn't see Kelandon's message when I started typing.

[ Monday, May 31, 2004 21:14: Message edited by: devlish ]

--------------------
Instant Human-Just add liberal doses of Coffee.
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #18
I suppose it doesn't matter now that the game is out.

yeah, don't worry about the NDA's, only beta testers need know about them.

Its handy to know if you ever want to beta test a game for SW, or anyone else, that you will probably be asked to sign one. It isn't anything big really, just a legally-signed document saying that you won't pass on any information/material/ANYTHING to a third party (e.g. anyone who isn't 1)you or 2)Jeff).

Anyways, I believe most people who beta test for SW want to do it for the experience (and to get on Jeff's good side...), not to try and rip him off.

--------------------